Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big cube peeps, come inside.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAPSUPRSLO
Better driveability, man you just need to put a bigger cam in here. It'll fix that drivability problem and make you faster. If you aint starting at the 260 plus duration and 108 and lower lsa's then you will have excellent driveability with almost any cam choice smaller within reason (244/250 on a 102 lsa does not apply). One day I will have a 400 plus inch motor of my own. Wooohooo.
Oh my cam is quite large Actually I have 3 different cams now because for some reason I am finding stroker cams dirt cheap. The first one I am going to run is a 244/250 on a 112 (thanks Reckless). That is the smallest one, the biggest one is a sr.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a strong combo. What are the specs of the SR?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Ozz
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

427 with a FLP-L4 and a Moser 12bolt. If you have not spent the money on the driveline do NOT start with a 427 or you WILL break things. Like everyone said the Torque is the big thing basiclly power everwhere instantly and all the way to the rev limmiter. In my case I had to start over on the converter and bring it back down to a useable lvl, you will also need more air on both sides of the heads so think 90mm and an LSX or better and go with the big headers 1 7/8 stepped would be nice. I keep my car very stock looking including the stock 320hp stickers on the side and most people challenge me without hearing the car run... its a riot to see their face when I fire up. I do not regret having gone with the 427 but knowing what I do now I would not go with some of the so called big cube shops on this board (see some of my past post) take your time and look at some of the cars that a shop has done DO NOT take anyones word for who is best. Ask a lot of questions and assume NOTHING. If you cannot touch it or see it then it is hype until someone proves othewise. Shops will lie to you they will do shotty work and they will not stand behind the crap they roll out. They will blame the parts the weather the driver the gods but they will not support their product. All that said be 100% SURE before you write the check and if you can do the work yourself go that route. The big cubes have a big price but in the end it can and will be worth it but in this business "Opinons are like ******** everyone has one and they all stink" The good news is if you take your time and do your homework they will need a jackhammer to get the smile off your face when your driving the car... My wife ask ever weekend what plans I have made to make sure that I can be driving the car all weekend It is truely the most fun you can have with your cloths on.