Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest in a Drop in Piston/Rod Combo for 5.3/6.0?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017 | 05:29 PM
Teching In

Default Interest in a Drop in Piston/Rod Combo for 5.3/6.0?

Hello all, This is Byron with Modern Muscle Xtreme. I would like to gauge interest in doing a drop in piston/rod combination for the 5.3/6.0 engines. The company I work for is involved strictly in the Gen 3 Hemi market, but we are looking to expand into the Gen 3/4 LS engine platform. I have read a few older threads on this forum, where people are searching for a piston, or piston and rod combo to "Drop In" to their existing 5.3 engine that requires no balancing, or boring for oversize pistons. A simple ball hone, filing of the rings, and measuring bearing clearance is all that would be required to use these pistons/rods. The pistons would be a 2618 Forging from Mahle, with a file fit 1mm, 1mm, 2mm ring pack. The rods would be from Molnar Technologies (ARP 2000 Rod Bolts), and would match factory weights exactly (Same goes for the piston obviously).

This design should also allow use of just our drop in piston, on your stock Gen 4 floating pin connecting rod for those that just want a safer forged piston. (Obviously we still have some R&D to do on the Gen 4 rod to make sure this is possible, but we do offer this option on the mopar side.)

These are 1000WHP+ capable, and will live for years at that. We have been running our forged drop in piston and rod combinations in the 5.7, 6.1, and 6.4 Hemi's for about 10 years now.

Cost wise we are hoping to come in around the $1600-$1800 range for the pistons and rods. If we can make just our drop in piston work on a stock rod, just the Pistons, pins, and rings would hopefully be around the $750-$850 range.

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules with this post, I am not here to market our brand or sell our product without being a sponsoring vendor, we will obviously become a vendor on these forums if we decide to move further with this product. We are simply trying to see if their are enough people out there that want something like this, so we can provide you guys with something new.

Thanks,
Byron
Modern Muscle Xtreme

Quick Reply: Interest in a Drop in Piston/Rod Combo for 5.3/6.0?