Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW.... Need some input.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW.... Need some input.

I have always wanted to cam an ls. So I order the cam I want. The ms3 cam from tsp. With springs and push rods. I decide to do new lifters so I order those from tsp. I then get a new timing chain set also from tsp. All was great. Halfway through the install. The cam gear doesn’t fit on the cam.
The cam pin on the new cam is TOO big. The stock cam pin works great on all the gears. The stock gear and the new one I ordered.
Anyone else have this problem?
Anyone else even hear about this problem?
Old 05-22-2018, 03:04 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkOps
I have always wanted to cam an ls. So I order the cam I want. The ms3 cam from tsp. With springs and push rods. I decide to do new lifters so I order those from tsp. I then get a new timing chain set also from tsp. All was great. Halfway through the install. The cam gear doesn’t fit on the cam.
The cam pin on the new cam is TOO big. The stock cam pin works great on all the gears. The stock gear and the new one I ordered.
Anyone else have this problem?
Anyone else even hear about this problem?
I know that the LS2 has a bigger dowel than an LS1/6. Is it possible they send you an LS2 timing set?

Edit: sorry vice versa, you have an LS2 cam and they sent you an LS1 Timing gear set
Old 05-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fuhnortoner
I know that the LS2 has a bigger dowel than an LS1/6. Is it possible they send you an LS2 timing set?

Edit: sorry vice versa, you have an LS2 cam and they sent you an LS1 Timing gear set
Its an ls1 timing set for sure.
The cam must be for an ls2. Even though the box says ls1. They messed that up. The car was supposed to go onto the dyno today.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Unfortunate but these things happen. Good luck to you on your build.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At least you havent buttoned up the front of the engine yet.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Launching!

I have used a lot of their cams and have never run into this. They are nice and snug, which i like. This makes sure i dont get off a degree. There shouldnt be a difference between any of the ls stuff. What also doesnt jive is that if the pin was too big, the hole would also have to be big. What are the chance the dowel was oversized and they drilled the cam oversized. That would be a crazy coincidence. Not sure of the issue but I am sure they will help you out
Old 05-24-2018, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by youguessit
Unfortunate but these things happen. Good luck to you on your build.
Yes you are correct. This stuff happens. The car is just really putting up a serious fight.
Overall the car is going back together. Although I am not thrilled with how the TSP stuff is going together.
Since the cam gear pin was way off on the size, I missed my dyno slot. My fault I should have checked to make sure the TSP cam gear would ACTUALLY fit on the TSP cam. I just thought it would go together, I was wrong. LOL
The car is going on the dyno early next week.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Keep us updated on those dyno #s