Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Main Bolt and Rod question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main Bolt and Rod question

LS newbie question, I put my engine together this weekend and im alittle anxious about the bottom end. I reused the rod bolts and main bolts (i know ARP blah blah blah but this is going in my 68 C10 which will be used as a truck thats never going to tach up past 5k). I am uneasy about the twist to angle measurement, bought he proper tool but im not confident about the angle.

how much variation is allowed? 5 degrees + or -?

Can I loosen the bolts and re tighten without taking it all apart?

All my clearances are well within specs and i dont want to mess with that. Will i have to reset the Thrust bearing if i loosen the main caps?

thanks
Daniel
Old 05-23-2018, 03:02 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,526 Likes on 2,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron_LS1_C10
LS newbie question, I put my engine together this weekend and im alittle anxious about the bottom end. I reused the rod bolts and main bolts (i know ARP blah blah blah but this is going in my 68 C10 which will be used as a truck thats never going to tach up past 5k). I am uneasy about the twist to angle measurement, bought he proper tool but im not confident about the angle.

how much variation is allowed? 5 degrees + or -?

Can I loosen the bolts and re tighten without taking it all apart?

All my clearances are well within specs and i dont want to mess with that. Will i have to reset the Thrust bearing if i loosen the main caps?

thanks
Daniel
Welcome to the site Daniel. Loosen each one...one at a time...and re-torque to your liking. Take your time, and your confidence will thank you. The thrust setting won’t move using this method.