Sponsored by:

steem vent, 2 or 4 port

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Lamar! Hope your well. How’s that 5.3?
Sitting on the stand It'll be a while before that runs. Tuning is almost there on the Z06, I was working 6-7 days a week for the past 3 months. I'll send you a message if we take them out for a drive your way.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 548 Likes on 428 Posts

Whether it makes a difference, I'm adding the rear steam ports to mine. It just makes sense to, the rear cylinders do run hotter so any little bit helps. It does not run hotter because its missing the ports however, it runs hotter in the rear because the rear gets more air than the front because of manifold design......thats my theory anyway...lol
Old 05-06-2019, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
Whether it makes a difference, I'm adding the rear steam ports to mine. It just makes sense to, the rear cylinders do run hotter so any little bit helps. It does not run hotter because its missing the ports however, it runs hotter in the rear because the rear gets more air than the front because of manifold design......thats my theory anyway...lol
Rear cylinders run lean so they're hotter inside and in most applications they're shrouded by the cowl/firewall which prevents air flow over the outside. It's a double whammy of heat issues. Adding steam vents allows more coolant to flow through the area which helps a little. It's not a big help, but every little bit is beneficial.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bammax
Rear cylinders run lean so they're hotter inside and in most applications they're shrouded by the cowl/firewall which prevents air flow over the outside. It's a double whammy of heat issues. Adding steam vents allows more coolant to flow through the area which helps a little. It's not a big help, but every little bit is beneficial.
It is a big help. Helping rear cylinders cool better is always a good thing. Once you start adding more power to engine along comes more heat. This "mod" will extend your engine's life...especially if hitting it with a power adder.