Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 NEW (but familiar) cam options PLUS HL ASA Results

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts
Default 2 NEW (but familiar) cam options PLUS HL ASA Results

We have had quite a few guys (and gals) ask for a few different options to our 2 fairly new cam options, and we listened! Kinda. I mean we paid as much attention as we could while binge watching all 7 seasons of GOT again before the final season broke our heart for the 23rd time.

Anyway, we have 1 new option for our High Lift Hot cam and our High Lift ASA cam.

The high lift hot cam will now have a "California Love" option (insert Tupac video here)
Which is a 218/227 .600/.600 114lsa
So basically an lsa and slight icl change to help keep the power where it should be, pass emissions with flying colors and keep the idle a little more stealthy for the boys in blue to stay off your right foot escapades.
We have already tested this cam in a customer from Germany's car previously and it made GREAT numbers (somewhere around 392/385 i believe)
We will have them on the site shortly but offer the option now if you email or call in

The High Lift ASA Cam will get some positive reinforcement by getting a boost trim option. We have had quite a few guys asking why we dont make it in boost form, so now we do!
We don't want to add ALLL THE LSA to make the overlap go away because that would have some detrimental effect to the actual power made and cam timing, so after some time playing Skifree (and always being eaten by the yeti) and reminding myself i cant hand draw a cam diagram to save my life, we decided on a wider lsa and a slightly different icl as well as adding the dual spring only option. I knowz i know, the beehives are more affordable, but we would rather see our customers have better pressure and valvetrain control with the duals especially is using lots of boost on it in say a 5.3l or 4.8 etc.
Cam specs?
226/236 .600/.600 115lsa
We recommend the texas speed dual springs with ti retainer and 1 piece seat seal combo or the btr duals.

Oh yeah, results of high lift asa cam!
Here we go! Build is as follows

The hp is pretty nice, but the torque is the best part! Normally cams of this size make 370s maybe 380s tq with these build options. But 402...very nice!!

02 Trans Am WS6

LS6 intake(unported)
Vmax cnc'd stock throttlebody
FTP 78 lid
Aem driflow filter
Gm 85mm maf
MSD wires
TR6 plugs *40 gap
Stock fuel rails
Stock fuel pump(103,xxx miles)
FAST 42# injectors
C5z 243 heads(unported 63cc) 3 angle valve job w/ BTR 660 springs
L33 block(bored to 5.7L)
Mahle flat top piston 4cc relief
LS2 chain
LS7 lifters
Ws6 trunion kit
Scat rods
King bearings
Ws6 ASA cam
Slp udp
Speed engineering 1 3/4 longtubes
Speed engineering 3" ory
Magnaflow quad tip catback
93 octane

3200 stalled atuo

We are also giving this cam away on our fb page.
Like our page
FInd the FB GIVEAWAY POST
Like the post
Share the post

Thats it!
So, let us know what you think!!

Cam/beehive spring kits are still $515 and dual kits with pushrods are $639 so have at em!!
Old 05-23-2019, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 447 Likes on 342 Posts

NIce!