Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hubb reusable oil filters??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Hubb reusable oil filters??

Hey guys came across this today, it's a hubb reusable oil filter more or less like the pure power. They make some sensationalist claims on their website but I can't find much real world experience with it, besides a few fleet vehicles in socal. Anybody here using one?? Seems a bit pricey for an oil filter but cheaper than Pure power by a lot

https://hubbfilters.com/
Old 06-20-2019, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

With something like this, you ask yourself- "Which problem am I solving with this?"
In other words, is this answering a question nobody needs to ask?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
With something like this, you ask yourself- "Which problem am I solving with this?"
In other words, is this answering a question nobody needs to ask?
Yeah it's definitely one of those it's not a problem until you make it a problem situations. Just wondering is all
Old 06-21-2019, 01:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Seems like the their program is designed for a large fleet vehicles with regular turn over and replacement like UPS, police, taxi company, etc. Read an oil change on an 18 wheeler can be $250 to $350 so maybe that sort of oil filter system allows an extended service interval.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:15 AM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not for us. never NEVER re-use anything oil-related from an engine if you don't have to. And this is an easy one.

I won't even re-use oil lines, oil coolers, oil fittings, stuff you might normally consider re-usable.
Because it may contain hidden... particulate.
One day engine is fine. The next... "what happened? It just spun a bearing..."
See it constantly through the years
Old 06-21-2019, 09:42 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

I used Peterson re-usable filters on my race stuff for a couple of reasons, which are a lot like these. They make checking your filter elements for debris a breeze, and they will save you money on oil changes due to frequency of changes bring so often in a race type setup.
Basically this is likely the last oil filter you’ll ever buy. I know lots of guys that run these types of filters on the street and they work well. Especially diesel guys. I have no problem using stuff like this, if that’s your jam. Upfront price is usually high, but if your keeping the vehicle for a long time, it might pay for itself.