Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Guys Think Of These Rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 196 Likes on 134 Posts
Default What Do You Guys Think Of These Rockers?

not-a-sponsor.com

Will these rockers go straight onto my heads, or are there other changes that have to be made? Do I have to have rocker studs installed? I need to replace all 16 rockers on my engine... I just want to do this the simplest, easiest, way. The price seems right on these rockers.

I've looked at the Texas Speed roller tipped rockers-but they are $600!!!! Unless I'm missing something about the rockers I linked above... I think I will go with them.. My heads already have dual springs, and my cam is only .575" lift....

If anyone can make a suggestion. I'd appreciate it. My current rockers have the trunion bushings installed but all are damaged on the rocker tip where it contacts the valve stem. I'm getting all new valves installed, valve guides, guide seals, keepers, etc....

Last edited by KCS; 08-24-2019 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Removed No Spronsor Link
Old 08-24-2019, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,212 Likes on 2,508 Posts

These are actually smallblock rockers that need alignment plates and different studs to make them work. Looks like a headache in the making.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts

If there the same as the Elgin ones for LS they might be ok, I was going to get some but had to buy extra parts to fit them so decided against it, sounds like you would need a spacer to fit them too as they may be too high for rocker cover.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't waste your money. I bought these (actually the elgin ones, but they look identical) for a stroker build I have going on. along with the comp cams guide plates, and arp screw in studs they recommended. When I screwed these down to zero lash, and tried to screw the "poly lock" down for the preload I didn't even make it down one turn due to the rocker bottoming out on the flared out part of the screw in stud. The slot in the rocker arm isn't clearanced enough, I took one apart and took a die grinder to it and got it to work, but I decided that was WAY to much work and abandoned that. I am thinking about going with the comp cams rockers, I really didn't want the 1.8 ratio they only seem to come in though. Right now I am sticking with the stock ones with the trunion upgrade.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 196 Likes on 134 Posts

TMauto-are you referring to the Comp Cams FULL roller rockers? If so, do they require guide plates and studs, or are they just drop in and go like the factory rockers?
Old 08-24-2019, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Aftermarket rockers are a great way to induce valve float
Old 08-24-2019, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The Comp ones have both drop in and stud mounted (more $$) versions. I've got the drop ins, they fit very well in stock LS1 heads with nice centered pattern where the roller rides on the stem. I don't know if the stud mounted version even fits LS heads.

Quick Reply: What Do You Guys Think Of These Rockers?