Sponsored by:

Enderle Big / Ugly Fuel injection for LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enderle Big / Ugly Fuel injection for LS1

Hy all,

i got a Endere Fuel injection more or less for free …. therefore i am just planning to put this nice piece on my LS1 engine … only as a Show effect (so that means without a blower etc.).

To get a first Impression how the Setup will finally look ..i put the parts together….. see some more Details at the attached pics...

For me the Question is ...what to do with the huge butterflies ???? to run the engine like with the Standard air intake , i need to reduce the huge Diameter of the butterflies.

So basically i do have 2 Options...…

1.) Block off plugs … Details see link : http://www.alkydigger.net/proddetail.php?prod=JB-31116

2.) Reduce the hole on the Bottom-side of the fuel injector (with a plate with smaller holes… (Details see on the second pic)

What is ur opinion ? which way would you go ??? i would rather go with Option 2 , it is way cheaper and easier to install, but i am not sure how this can work finally ?

I hope you can support me in this very unusual Question :-)

Thanks a lot
Achim

Last edited by achipfef; 09-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,171 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Block it off entirely and use the TB under it in the pic.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

You'll get better results by blocking the two outer holes with plates, Putting a plate with restrictive holes like your diagram only restricts max airflow not low flow where throttle sensitivity is going to be the problem.
Also keep in mind they can be difficult to tune because the slightest crack of the throttle flows a ton of air. I run a BugCatcher on a blower and it took a while to dial it in and the Big and Ugly is huge in comparison. A progressive linkage is also helpful. Does it already have the TPS?
Old 09-15-2019, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Block it off entirely and use the TB under it in the pic.
They are too narrow. Edit: Not saying it couldn't be done but it would require a lot of work and most likely cutting up the Big and Ugly destroying it's value. Then you'd have to figure out throttle cable to control the throttle cable and the butterflies. It would be easier for him to just sell it to me and I can use it on one of my blower motors.

Last edited by LLLosingit; 09-15-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Hy

and thanks first of all for ur feedback !!

@G Atsma
Currently i want to use the fuel injector ..maybe if i am not able to manage it, i will come back to ur proposal :-) ...it will be definitly an easy and working option !!

@ LLLosingit
THanks for that important information ... i did not think so far about Maximum Air and Low - Flow. So i will have to go for option 1 and block them off.
With only 1 working butterfly it should be a lot easier to tune !! ?? i guess even easier than with ur bugcatcher ...because the diameter of the bugcatcher in total should be a lot more ! ?
Also i dont need to have a progressive linkage with just one butterfly.

I also want to reuse as much sensor as possible.... like TPS and Air Temp. ...... For the TPS i am also looking for a solution .. how did u solve that topic ?
Most likely i need to remove the MAF sensor and go with Speed Density..

THanks
Achim
Old 09-15-2019, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by achipfef
Hy

and thanks first of all for ur feedback !!

With only 1 working butterfly it should be a lot easier to tune !! ?? i guess even easier than with ur bugcatcher ...because the diameter of the bugcatcher in total should be a lot more ! ?
Also i dont need to have a progressive linkage with just one butterfly.

I also want to reuse as much sensor as possible.... like TPS and Air Temp. ...... For the TPS i am also looking for a solution .. how did u solve that topic ?
Most likely i need to remove the MAF sensor and go with Speed Density..

THanks
Achim
It will be harder to tune than my setup because you'll still have a large port that flows a ton as soon as you crack the throttle and like I said a progressive linkage would be very helpful, The progressive linkage I'm referring to does not open the butterflies in stages, It makes it so it opens the blade(s) slow at first and then faster as you push the pedal.

They sell a TPS that bolts right onto the BAU right where the barrel valve mounts on a mechanical injection.

Yes, You will have to go speed density, No other way around it.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

On the progressive linkage ...Look at the middle picture, There is a kit you can buy but I can't seem to find it.
Inglese throttle wheel is progressive to slow throttle- blade travel for smoother off-idle performance.

TPS Adapter link

I almost forgot, You need to hook up an IAC setup. This is the one I use but I don't know if it will work using the stock ECU, I use Holley EFI. IAC Kit
Old 09-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Teching In

got it got it !! :-) and thx again !

Do you Maybe have a link of the Website where i can find this specific "progressive linkage" and TPS

Would be great ….!!

and in the meanwhile i will warm up my lathe to build some block-off plugs… that will be most likely a tough Job .to get them in the Right shape :-)

How do you tune ur cars ?? i plan to do it by my own with HP Tuners.....but i am bit afraid off

CU
Achim
Old 09-15-2019, 02:27 PM
Teching In

u were quicker than me :-)

perfect thx !!!!
Old 09-15-2019, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by achipfef

How do you tune ur cars ?? i plan to do it by my own with HP Tuners.....but i am bit afraid off
I use Holley EFI so of no help you in that respect.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 850 Likes on 651 Posts

Block off plate for the TB? Seems like a gnarly setup. I like the idea.

Quick Reply: Enderle Big / Ugly Fuel injection for LS1