Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Main bolts

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Main bolts

I keep coming up with different answers. Are the factory main bolts reusable? I know they say not to reuse the sides due to sealant. If they’re not can I install a new set of GM bolts without having it line honed? I know going to ARP I need a line hone, but I think the GM bolts would be fine without it. I’ve been searching for the answer for a while now and can’t find anything definite on the factory bolts.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:08 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,220 Posts

Originally Posted by The Outlaw Kid
I keep coming up with different answers. Are the factory main bolts reusable? I know they say not to reuse the sides due to sealant. If they’re not can I install a new set of GM bolts without having it line honed? I know going to ARP I need a line hone, but I think the GM bolts would be fine without it. I’ve been searching for the answer for a while now and can’t find anything definite on the factory bolts.
They are indeed reusable. put a dab of your favorite color silicone under the heads of the side bolts and they seal up fine. Same thing you have to do with ARP. I’ve re-used the main bolts on a couple 2-3 builds without issue.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, they are reusable. I've built a couple myself and reused the main bolts, no problems at all.

Quick Reply: Main bolts