Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TEA heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley

BTW, you don't have enough money to beat me. And what little you do have I'm gonna take.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Tea heads rock! All the guys at Tea rock!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tooley- I said your H/C 250 shot car. 9.80's doesn't scare me.Don't tell me how much
money I have,either.That's just being ignorant.

UnbelievableLS1- I really don't know what you are talking about(import stuff).
I don't need to impress anybody, it's not about that.I give props to LG because
thier stuff works well.If I bought thier cam and didn't like it, I would say so.
It's funny that you make fun of my life,(why ,I don't know)If I told you about
my life you would call me a liar anyway. So I won't bother, there's no point.
So let's say I'm some import glory hound, what does it matter?How does that
change anything?
My car is light, I'm not disputing that, never have.It's as light as it can be with a full interior.Are you mad that I'm faster than you?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01-Z
.Are you mad that I'm faster than you?

This is what you always resort back to. In every single post, you make some reference to this. Is that your only defense, is that the only thing you have to fall back on? Besides, how do you know you're faster than me? Just because I don't have all the attention ***** crap in my sig.......I.E.:

"The Quickest N/A Stock Internal M6 in the country.

THE BADDEST N/A, CAM ONLY LS1 in the WORLD. "............doesn't necessarily mean you're faster or slower than me. I just never felt the need to display my times or power levels to EVERYONE and their mom, in BIG, BOLD letters and colors, in hopes of gaining some tiny ounce of respect. I guess I just never felt the need to try and gain someone else's approval.......guess I'm not that shallow of a person.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so when's the race?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

I don't need to do anything.I thought it was amusing to print it in big bold letters.
Yes that is what I resort to,that fact that I am faster the 99% of the people
on this board.It is an absolute vulgar display of the power to weight ratio.
No excuses.
That's what it is about to me, hands down, no exceptions.
We are talking power and RACING.You don't see me hanging out in the car
audio section.I have a dispute with TEA over a FRIEND of mine's car.
You choose to attack me personally, assuming things about my life to somehow
justify something.Not that I care, it's just amusing.
I'll be whatever you want me to be because it doesn't matter, but if it makes
you feel better fine.
My car is not unbelievably fast by accident, it's by design.
You know I'm faster than you, so don't be pissed that I am.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

2500#? sure, whatever you say.Hell, make it 2000# even.
So you've had 3 sets of TEA heads and can't crack the 10's?
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Hell, you couldn't even hit 10's on nitrous.
If my ultimate single purpose goal would be to hit the 10's then rest assured I would be in the 10's. It's obvious it doesn't take rocket science. My car also weighs 3715 lbs with me in it. It's not geared for absolute 1/4mi performance and it's a 6spd.
Just so the former reply isn't "spun" the wrong way. I had two sets of heads on my 346 engine because my first set developed a hairline crack(not TEA's fault) after two years of use.

Anyway if you know so much about heads and installs why don't you have heads? You just wanna bust everyone's onions when you know squat about heads...
I think you MIGHT be an overcompensatin loud mouth punk. Was your mommy too hard on you...
Old 07-19-2004, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tooley- I said your H/C 250 shot car. 9.80's doesn't scare me.Don't tell me how much
money I have,either.That's just being ignorant.
Sounds like the race is already off?? If your going to start some ignorant post like racing me, then you better be ready to back it up.

The 9.80 combo was disassembled last Sep, our goal was to run 9's with a PRODUCTION 5.3 Stg 1.5 head with STOCK exhaust valves. Once we achieved that goal, those heads were sold and the new LS6 heads installed. I wanted to install the LS6 heads from the start, but my employees urged me to put a PRODUCTION head on the car and see if we could go 9's with it, and we did.

heres the break down, on a very conservative dyno.

520 RWHP 10.50 @ 128 first pass
560 RWHP 10.10 @ 133 first time out
600 RWHP 9.87 @ 138.9 second time out
696 RWHP car broke every pass, I'm probably the ONLY C5 owner in the country that has broken the rearend shortshaft 40' from the starting line!!! Broke the rear sprag in the trans at 40' and Carl Rossler asked me if I did a neutral drop on the car, because LPE has never broken that sprag with their 8sec twin turbo car!! My cousin Sam Vincent (who just won the last NMRA Outlaw race with a small block N2O car) made 700 RWHP on MOTOR on my dyno and went 9.20 @ 152, of course he goes 7.70 @ 178 on the spray

BTW, that 696 RWHP was blowing through the convertor 22 MPH on the dyno, probably another 30-40 RWHP if it didn't do that. The total time of the dyno run was 1.00 second.

Don't talk power with me, almost 10 World Champions, uncountable records, and wins, 306 SBF with .500" Hyd roller cam goes 9.90's on MOTOR, 306 SBF with .550" hyd roller goes 8.60 @ 158 with street heads/intake and street blower, once again I say, are you stupid??

I had a 8 sec F body when you were in grade school!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGEATER
so when's the race?
Thats what I wanna know.

Also, what happened to 'run what ya brung'?? If you're gonna challange him....challange HIM....not his old car

And 01-Z, no, I'm nowhere even remotely close to as fast as you, and won't be for a while....but I don't run my mouth about leaving someone looking stupid, especially people who have twin turbo setups.

This whole thread turned a while ago... OneBadWS6, I truely hope you get your new heads and that they work out well. I've heard a lot of good things about TEA, its too bad this all happened to you.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 07-19-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sorry, can I race your twin turbo with my BBC camaro?or are we just talking
LS1's?
I told you I wanna race your H/C 250 shot vette, it's gone, I understand that,
no big deal.
I'm just a punk kid with a cam only car on nitrous.
You guys crack me up.
Why don't I have heads?Apparently I don't need them. lol
Old 07-19-2004, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

LMFAO.. thanks for all the entertainment tonight guys It kinda makes me sad that Ron (Cammin BeaSSt) doesn't post much anymore, he could really sling some **** in this thread!

In all seriousness though, from what I've seen TEA offers just as good of a product as anyone else and offers a hell of alot better support and customer service for it than another porter that I'll absolutely not name

carry on....
Old 07-19-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm gonna lighten the mood here a bit, at least you did not get (do I dare say the name) JPR HVLD heads
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike K.
I'm gonna lighten the mood here a bit, at least you did not get (do I dare say the name) JPR HVLD heads
Old 07-20-2004, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

I apologize for my share in this weeks ASSFEST. I just don't like anyone bustin on my boy Brian T. He's top notch.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

I know 01-Z. He is not a person to bash people or shops for no reason. I've also talked to Brain at TEA. I have a set of TEA heads. I've had no problems with them. I make over 400 rwhp with a 228 cam/auto/ford 9inch. So I'm pretty happy with them. Every shop makes mistakes. I've learned to accept that.

You both build some impressive cars I'll give you that.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Alright guys, this has been fun

I'd like this to stop. If ONEBADWS6 wants to post his experiences that is fine. As for all the BS and bickering please go to PMs/email for that.

I am going to leave this open for now but will lock it if it gets out of hand again.

Chris
Old 07-20-2004, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,001 Posts

I'd like to make an additional comment about TEA.

Brian Tooley & TEA

I've dealt with many vendors on this site and TEA is one of the very best regarding quailty, value, and customer service. While I don't know the details beyond of this incident beyond what's been posted, I do know Brian Tooley is very fair and honest based on my first hand experiences with TEA. Offering a block to help out is way above and beyond what many shops would do in a similar circumstance.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:31 AM
9 Second Club

It's a shame all this B.S is being flung around. Brian has worked with me at every angle with the heads. This new set will be my 4th set. I just want what everyone wants, for the car to run what it should. Mine is no where close to that. Yes it is a N2o motor but it should still be .4-.5 faster N/A. I am out over $8000 on this deal, so belive me Im not asking for something for notheing. And the stg 2.5 heads I got without springs or retainers and put another $400 of my money into them. The reason I got my 5.3 heads for $1500 was for me to be a showcase of there product and spread the TEA word. I also got Speed Inc to carry TEA heads. So for those of you who think Im out to hurt Brian your wrong. All I want is what I was promised from the start, a killer set of heads that alow me to run the #. If that happens how many pairs of TEA heads do you think will sell? And all this nit picking with 01-Z none of you know him, never walked a mile in his shoes, and have not done the research he has to run what he has. His car is light but by no means gutted. There are others on this board who are lighter. Good day.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

OK now that we heard from ONEBADWS6 I am going to shut this down.

Please feel free to post a new thread to talk about the resolution of this when you get to the next step with TEA