Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter/Pushrod help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Bspeck82
I don't understand what the problem is. The kit they offer are not gm lifters. They are ls7 spec lifters. Ls7 lifters are fine. If you can find them run them. Summit offers an alternative with ls7 spec lifters at a reasonable price. That's that.
I wish people could see a point.

That's that huh.

Why does Summit NOT RECOMMEND THEIR OWN LIFTERS??!!!! THEIR LIFTERS WITH OVER 50 5 STAR RATINGS.

Instead they tell the guy to buy a GM brand. What the hell is so difficult to understand?

Old 03-14-2020, 11:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 836 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
Ok the question, and my point remains the same.

If Summit comes on here and says Look at our reviews and see how good our LS7 lifters are, then why the hell are they suggesting that this guy NOT use their lifter BUT INSTEAD use the GM LS7 lifters.........

I get it. I do. LS7 lifters are made in bulk and sent to Summit, GM, Everyone, even the people on ebay selling sets for $70. All the same lifter.

It's possible that GM lifters are held to a tighter tolerance than other LS7 lifters. Or maybe they are the same spec lifter manufactured by different companies at different facilities.

Last edited by wannafbody; 03-15-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:40 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,486 Likes on 2,150 Posts

The Q&A section is also interesting.
What would the reason be for recommending the GM LS7 lifters?
Are the lifters in this kit NOT LS7 type?
What I posted above is a question and answer right from where summit said look at their reviews on their LS7 lifters. The Summit person who answered that question said that they were a stock type lifter, as you can see, and gave them a part number for a GM LS7 lifter to use instead.

Now, why would they say they are a stock type lifter and not an LS7 lifter? Why would they recommend a GM LS7 lifter? This is my point. This makes no sense and the Summit person on here avoided my question.
Ok the question, and my point remains the same.

If Summit comes on here and says Look at our reviews and see how good our LS7 lifters are, then why the hell are they suggesting that this guy NOT use their lifter BUT INSTEAD use the GM LS7 lifters.........

I get it. I do. LS7 lifters are made in bulk and sent to Summit, GM, Everyone, even the people on ebay selling sets for $70. All the same lifter.
I'm referring to the lifters in the link they provided right here in this thread.
I copied and pasted a question someone asked with an answer that summit provided.

Summit In this thread said check out our 55+ positive reviews on our LS7 lifters.

I clicked the link found their suggestion to use GM LS7 lifters.

Well, why?

If they had answered the guys question with a YES that would mean "use our lifters" Again, they said use GM lifters. (not Summit lifters)
I'm rephrasing my point a few times.
I wish people could see a point.

That's that huh.

Why does Summit NOT RECOMMEND THEIR OWN LIFTERS??!!!! THEIR LIFTERS WITH OVER 50 5 STAR RATINGS.

Instead they tell the guy to buy a GM brand. What the hell is so difficult to understand?
Man, I’ll be glad when Summit answers this for you. I bet you haven’t slept in two days...
Old 03-16-2020, 01:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,182 Likes on 645 Posts

Are the lifters in this kit NOT LS7 type?
Sorry for any confusion. Yes, our SUM-HT214 lifters in the SUM-HTLSKIT and SUM-HTLSKIT1 are LS7 spec lifters.

As for the answer from us in the Q&A section on our site. It was an oversight by us and that answer will be fixed.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com
Old 03-16-2020, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,078 Likes on 2,397 Posts

^^^^^^^Whew!

Quick Reply: Lifter/Pushrod help