Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wondering what to expect

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 03:25 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wondering what to expect

I'm about half way through my h/c swap on my 99 SS M6. Along with the H/C I had previously installed a Fast 92 intake and 92 NW TB along with 1 7/8 TSP long tubes. I'm grinding through this and wondering how much different the car will feel with the heads and cam compared to when I did the intake and headers. The heads I'm putting on are PRC 225 with hollow stems and the cam is a TSP 228/232 on 112 and all the supporting stuff such as injectors, oil pump, pushrods, and rockers with trunnion upgrades. This is a bit of a chore in a small single stall garage working from the floor with my legs hanging outside in the Iowa winters and I guess I'm just excited to get to the end. As I lay under it working I cant help but be curious on what to expect and what the SOP difference will be. My previous car was a stock 15 2SS/RS Camaro M6 and I loved it but it actually felt a bit slow. I guess I'm excited since I bolted up the pan and timing chain cover and I can see the finished product is getting closer. Just wanted to hear if its going to be a huge *** change or what to expect on the street. I'm hoping to be in the 430-450 rwhp range but we will see come dyno day. Thanks in advance for any motivation and responses!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 201 Likes on 161 Posts

I definitely expect that you will need to change the tune in your PCM to maximize performance and minimize the chance of melting a piston. While I would attempt to start the engine if I was you, with so many changes, I would not drive it or run it very much until somebody looks at your tune for possible extreme lean and hot conditions.

Rick
Old 03-22-2020, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm about to throw on TSP longtubes with catted y-pipe with Fast 92 intake and TB and was wondering if you felt a difference with just those mods? Also did you have to tune it after those mods?
Old 03-22-2020, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
I'm about to throw on TSP longtubes with catted y-pipe with Fast 92 intake and TB and was wondering if you felt a difference with just those mods? Also did you have to tune it after those mods?
I did the same mods minus the intake. I can tell you you will definitely feel the added power. You can feel it pull more 5k rpms and up untuned. I would definitely get a tune after you do the intake and longtubes. You will be satisfied with the added power

Quick Reply: Wondering what to expect