Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500rwhp N/A LS1 Build Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 02:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I believe QLD has a different system to the other states, which I'm not familiar with, but I'm surprised that an engineer can get their licence revoked in that situation. Does the engineering report not specify the exact mods made? Would it not be quite clear if they have submitted an engineering report for, say an LSX 440 with no turbo, that if the car suddenly has a turbo, that was clearly added afterwards?

In NSW, there certainly has been cases of people engineering a turbo 5.3, then stroking or replacing this motor with a much larger LS and bigger turbos etc and using the existing approval.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pulse Red
I believe QLD has a different system to the other states, which I'm not familiar with, but I'm surprised that an engineer can get their licence revoked in that situation. Does the engineering report not specify the exact mods made? Would it not be quite clear if they have submitted an engineering report for, say an LSX 440 with no turbo, that if the car suddenly has a turbo, that was clearly added afterwards? In NSW, there certainly has been cases of people engineering a turbo 5.3, then stroking or replacing this motor with a much larger LS and bigger turbos etc and using the existing approval.
yes all engineers paperwork says what engine is in the cars. ​​​​​​​But once it leaves the engineers eyes and is changed to hidden turbo rear mounted they say no that was in the car when it was approved. ​​​​​​​I know or a current build here in qld with a supercharged 6.2L ls that they are taking off the supercharger and installing a standard manifold for rego than the supercharger is getting bolted back onto the engine. ​​​​​​​The owner has already told the engineer they aren't aloud to take photos of the car because of other reasons. So no proof it wasn't there before hand when car was submitted for inspection by the engineers.​​​​​​​So people will go to any lengths to get away with it.​​​​​​​And yeas qld is different to NSW.​​​​​​​The government came up with this brilliant idea to have a National Code of Practice NCOP.
Then every state stuck their own amendment into it and wasted millions of tax dollars and no state is the same with modified cars still.
Our great government hard at work yet again.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't follow how you would be able to put that against the engineer, just because the owner says the turbo or supercharger was there when approved doesn't mean a thing. What's approved in the report is what's approved. End of story. It's then the owners responsibility if the car is different. I'm also very surprised that any engineer would take on an approval job with an owner putting those sorts of caveats on it. Can't take photos? The engineers down here would tell the vehicle owner to f**K off. It happens plenty, dreamers approaching engineers thinking they can dictate what will be approved and get a nasty shock when they're shown the door empty handed.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pulse Red
I don't follow how you would be able to put that against the engineer, just because the owner says the turbo or supercharger was there when approved doesn't mean a thing. What's approved in the report is what's approved. End of story. It's then the owners responsibility if the car is different. I'm also very surprised that any engineer would take on an approval job with an owner putting those sorts of caveats on it. Can't take photos? The engineers down here would tell the vehicle owner to f**K off. It happens plenty, dreamers approaching engineers thinking they can dictate what will be approved and get a nasty shock when they're shown the door empty handed.
That's why things are starting to get really hard to get done in qld now.
The engineers of old were relaxed and didn't follow things to a T.
But now that they have been done over by a few morons they are cracking the whip big time.
But enough of this we are hijacking someones thread.

Quick Reply: 500rwhp N/A LS1 Build Discussion