Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have to do this...it broke

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have to do this...it broke

I have to change the pushrods out it my car, anyone know how hard it is to do?
It idles real rough and is misfiring and it feels as of I got a ahuge came in it! I have done lots of things to this put never pulled the vlv cvrz off yet. I imagine pulling the coil packs off to.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:53 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: have to do this...it broke

1 Hour job. One of the easiest things to do. Remove the 6 or 8 10mm bolts that hold the coil packs to the valve covers on each side. Take a 8mm and unscrew the valve cover bolts. Take the same 8mm and remove all of the rockers. Pull the rods out and replace them. Put the rockers back on and torque to 22lb-ft. You may want to turn the motor over without the coils attached to get the rockers to settle with the pushrods, lifters and valve springs then recheck the torque settings. Put the rest back together. Pretty simple.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Make sure when you tighten your rocker arms back down you use a 6pt socket and not a 12pt. I broke 2 12pt sockets before I found a 6pt. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

well, I got three bent pushrods, and that was the good news I also bent two pushrods.I wont have my heads back till thursday and my gaskets wont be here till friday. I am sure glad I beat that twin turbo rx7. That race cost me.