Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pickup tube

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2023 | 06:35 PM
Teching In

Default Oil pickup tube

Would anyone run this in your car? I'm trying to get a replacement. I know you get what you pay for, but geeze. It's a 302-1 from ebay.
Old 06-13-2023 | 07:18 PM
Launching!

I have two of those pans and neither one had that problem. But they both had a problem with the other end. Pickup to pan clearance like 1/2" on one side and 2" on the other side of the pick up.
I ended up cutting a stock pick up off a stock tube and welding it on the rest of that tube with stock clearance. On both of them.

But before I did that I did find a Holley pick up tube assembly for sale I think on Holleys website. I can't find it listed anywhere right now.
Old 06-14-2023 | 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS299S10
I have two of those pans and neither one had that problem. But they both had a problem with the other end. Pickup to pan clearance like 1/2" on one side and 2" on the other side of the pick up.
I ended up cutting a stock pick up off a stock tube and welding it on the rest of that tube with stock clearance. On both of them.

But before I did that I did find a Holley pick up tube assembly for sale I think on Holleys website. I can't find it listed anywhere right now.
I called holley and they wanted over $100 for the tube. Ebay seller offered a partial refund to keep it as is. I'll just send it back for a full refund.
Old 07-12-2023 | 09:54 PM

Default Find Replacement?

Beets,
I have the same problem. Holley quoted me the pickup tube for $150. Did you find a replacement and if so can you share the part number with me?
Old 07-13-2023 | 04:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DTidmore
Beets,
I have the same problem. Holley quoted me the pickup tube for $150. Did you find a replacement and if so can you share the part number with me?
I did not find a replacement for it. I just sent it back for a full refund.

Quick Reply: Oil pickup tube