Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's running the LS-6 CNC ported heads on their car now????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's running the LS-6 CNC ported heads on their car now????

I can't seem to find anybody that are running these heads on their cars.

I was curious about the tuning with the increased cr (11.2) I was also wondering how much performance these heads delivered? Somebody much have them, please speak up?

Were there any other issues that need to be considered? I know the P/V clearance is important.
I also know you need to use the shorter push rod.

Let's here from you guys using these heads.

Thanking you in advance.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Who's running the LS-6 CNC ported heads on their car now????

SDPC sells 60 pairs of these heads per month...Pace also sells the same head...it is sometimes referred to as the ASA racing head...it is ported by Lingfelter...

...anyway, I just bought mine but have not installed them yet.

I have no idea, however, what cam I will go with...the head is supposed to be designed for the ASA cam that is a max lift of 5.25 (Boo)! The specs for this cam are located on the Pace web site...

...I have a spreadsheet that compares the flow characteristics of this head versus other aftermarket and stock heads...

...I am considering a thick gasket (Cometic) to compensate for the heavily milled head....some have suggested that the thick gasket is not a good idea but I don't want a 5.25 lift cam....according to the spreadsheet, the flow comes alive AFTER 500 lift ..so the .055 milled head is a serious sortcomming...