Sponsored by:

LS1 Build, my First Build, need help ID'ing the motor and tips

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS1 Build, my First Build, need help ID'ing the motor and tips

Hello All,

just a quick bit, this is my first V8 build, i've messed around with the 3800 Series 2 and 3 supercharged motors in fieros for a while, but I recently purchased my second v8, my first true LS1.

I'm wondering if you guys can give me some tips and help me ID the motor/which car the motor came from. My block is at the machine shop currently, so these are the only photos I have currently.
Any idea what car this engine came from?

Went to the machine shop the other day and all the cylinders cleaned up well, except for 7. The shop tells me the cylinders are all at 3.908 right now, so ten, ten-thounsandths over stock.
He seems very confident that cylinder 7 will clean up with another 2, ten-thounsandths and then I would/could get the pistons coated (line to line coatings) to take up the other 2 ten-thounsandths.

Current plan is to mate this LS1 to a T-56 out of a corvette and corvette diff (yes I know the corvette shifter mounts to the torque tube, I have a plan for this involving a tall intake).
will be NA for now, this block will probably have to be NA forever with the already thing walls at 12 ten-thounsandths over.

Any recommendations for parts, water pumps, engine mounts, etc? like I said this is my first LS build.

Maybe I'll share photos of my project if this gets some traction.

thanks

Last edited by ProfessionalAmateur; 01-28-2024 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-30-2024, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts

You'll most likely get a lot of opinions here but first everyone will want to know what kind of plans you have for the car

Quick Reply: LS1 Build, my First Build, need help ID'ing the motor and tips