Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random troubleshooting question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I would've thought if I had a head gasket problem that neither would hold 100psi at all.

Am I overthinking this and go back to look at intake/fuel injectors?
Old 07-29-2024, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Alright, I put everything back together including puling the fuel rail and cleaning the injectors.
Fired it back up, same sound.
I decided to look at misfires in HPtuners VCM scanner to see if there was anything noteworthy. 1 misfire on cylinders 7 and 8 over a few minute run, so that didn't tell me anything.
I did decide to go through shutting off injectors again.... noticed shutting off injector 1 made the noise either go away or lessen a significant amount.... so that's where i start tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2024, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Anybody have guidanc on how to troubleshoot cylinder 1? I'm swapping coils and plug wires first, then plugs themselves.
Since shutting the injector off seems to quell the issue, seems like the injector turns on and off, and i cleaned them this weekend, so hoping that's not the issue.
I "think" the valvetrain is good since bumping the starter made the rockers go up and down smoothly, and the leakdown test on that cylinder was good.
So good leakdown test and good rocker movement, can i assume valvetrain is good?

I feel like i'm going in circles a bit and willing to take any help i can get

Quick Reply: Random troubleshooting question