Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP crank bolt torque spec

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2024, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARP crank bolt torque spec

Before i reinstall my crank balancer i'm concerned with the torque specs of the ARP crank bolt. It is set for 235 ft lbs. Will the factory threads be able to hold that torque spec after the multiple times the balancer bolt has been torqued?
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes should be no problem as long as the threads in the crank or bolt aren't already damaged. Use the correct installation tool and not the bolt to pull the balancer down onto the crank. Once you get the balancer seated down fully with the tool put the ARP bolt in and torque it. I've had balancers off and on lots of times with an ARP bolt and had no issues.

Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camarof41_383
Yes should be no problem as long as the threads in the crank or bolt aren't already damaged. Use the correct installation tool and not the bolt to pull the balancer down onto the crank. Once you get the balancer seated down fully with the tool put the ARP bolt in and torque it. I've had balancers off and on lots of times with an ARP bolt and had no issues.
alright just checking. I ordered a crank stud that pulls the balancer on. No way I’d ever use the bolt method. Thanks!
Old Today, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 278 Likes on 211 Posts

Built my own Pulley Install tool years ago, turned down a used Crank Bolt and put a center hole in it to push against with the Puller. Stuff that's helped greatly over the years.

The following 3 users liked this post by the_merv:
01CamaroSSTx (Today), 66OldsLS (Today), G Atsma (Today)

Quick Reply: ARP crank bolt torque spec