Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TVWilkes...thanks alot for all your help!!! really appreciate it!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
consumers are always gonna be test mules for new products in a market like this. a company will test something to an extent and when they think they get it right theyll send it out to customers and look for feed back on things to change. when you buy something that is brand new on the market you should expect that

now for my patriot experience. installed my heads last october. got them for 1295 + like 200 for gaskets and hardware. i had one spring failure about a month into it and terry next day aired a set of cranes at no charge. Cost = 0. since then been beating on the heads for about a year with no serious issues. i do have an oil consumption issue as i am still running the old valve seals but only because ive been too lazy to get in touch with terry and change them out.

car put out 424 hp and 404 ftlbs SAE and has gone 120.1 and 120.3 mph with a ton of high 119's.

i expect to go deep 11's the winter when i get the 9" i ordered.

i am completely happy with my heads

Let me know when you are ready, and I will get a set of seals on the way to you!!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Maybe we should start a new thread letting everyone know what components each shop utilizes in putting their respective heads. I will start the new thread.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

not a bad idea.....this should be good
Old 08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

What are the flow #'s for you 250cc intake runner. The LS6 style intake runner factory is 210cc right? The 40cc gain in size needs to really pay off in flow.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GUNNAR@PATRIOT
Originally Posted by v8maro
I'll break my Patriot Performance S2 5.3L head price down to you guys:

Heads: $1,200 (did the install myself)

First Spring swap because of broken spring after 4k miles: $380 (labor only), this also included the need for new shaved rockers to clear the retainers because they did not fit right...thanks TSP for help with that one. (Either that or buy $500 rockers as I was told...sigh)

Second Spring swap because of broken spring after 5k miles: $295 (labor) + $115 (tow being 30 miles from the shop), From this swap I found out that my two heads are DIFFERENT and require two different types of seats because they are machined different, this delayed my daily driver to be down an extra 3 days.

Total: $1990
-Did not include MLS gaskets (wish they did)
-Did not include Head bolts (paid TSP for the install kit)

The only thing I have liked about PP is the customer service, which has been excellent.

Power is lacking, 390rwhp with H/C is not very stout, an A4 car on the same dyno as me, same cam, diff heads, same bolt-ons, unlocked put down 7more rwhp, lock it and he'll have even more...

My final opinion is that since I got one of the first run of heads I got the shaft, and I got it hard.

Did PP help me out since they chose shitty springs? Yes, I got new ones for free.
Labor isn't free, nor is downtime.

I initially did heads on the car for more power, so I didn't have to swap springs (this was before Larry's tool was around and made it easy), This has ended up costing as much as ABC's heads and performing a lot less, to me, that is not very cool. The only reason I paid labor for my springs was because it's my Daily Driver and I had to be to work the next day and could not afford to have downtime.

PP could make this up to me by trading me a new set of properly machined, flow tested, nice heads, but I doubt this will happen with me posting this, and I don't expect them to.

Take from my exp what you will, I had a bad one, others have had better.
-Steve
Next time you can stand a little down time, send your heads in and we will run through our shop, do any revisions that they may need, install new Patriot Gold springs, seals, and valves. When we return them, we will include MLS 6.0 gaskets and new head bolts!
Okay, this would make me happy and satisfied again. The only problem is that it's my daily driver Any way to send me some new ones, charge my CC, then when I return my old ones, get refunded? (like a core charge)? Let me know, PM me if needed. Thanks.
-Steve
Old 08-25-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I have to say is that I'm very happy thus far with my PP 5.3 heads. I would recommend them to anyone out there looking to save money to get a great product.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was pleased with the performance gained with my PP 5.3's. Heads were very nice with great parts on them. No problems at all. Not bad if your are on a budget and don't want to go over $1500 on heads.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks Mike, Ryan, and all the others for the good words!! We always love to hear from our satisfied customers!

Quick Reply: Patriot Performance