Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Lifters, Old Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Lifters, Old Lifters

The local dealership says there are the old lifters, then there are the "new" ones.

Would it be okay if I replaced just one of my lifters with the new style, when the other 15 are old style?

Matt
Old 01-08-2003, 04:05 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: New Lifters, Old Lifters

Its up to you but if the lifters arent made for that specific block year then you will have more engine noises.I had forgot what lifters went to what year though.Do you have a bad lifter for sure?If not then leave them in there all the same.Do a search and see what you can come up with about lifters and lifter noises.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:01 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AlonzoVersion 1.0:
<strong> Its up to you but if the lifters arent made for that specific block year then you will have more engine noises.I had forgot what lifters went to what year though.Do you have a bad lifter for sure?If not then leave them in there all the same.Do a search and see what you can come up with about lifters and lifter noises. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where are you getting that info? Do you know exactly what they changed on the lifters? As far as I know, all LS1/LS6 blocks can accept the exact same lifter as the LT1's and some older SBC's (For instance, the Comp 875's will work in ls1/ls6's, lt1's, etc). If there is a "new" lifter at GM, I'd assume it'd work in the same applications unless you've heard otherwise (which from what you are implying you have). What info do you have?
Old 01-08-2003, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the "older" style lifter in my "newer" engine.

They work fine, they just make more noise.

I *think* the lifter design changed in 00. I guess the reason was, according to the cam folks, "excessive oil passing".

I've never had a problem with them...... I don't know if I would mix and match though.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

They will work but they will just be more noise is all if its not for that specific block year.Sorry for the confusion.