Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Camaros S2 Heads and experimental "cam only" dyno report.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 08:08 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Camaros S2 Heads and experimental

Hi Ireland,
We pulled away from the "cam only' project to focus our resources more on the high power S2 package, I will more than likely be back on the cam only package by the end of this month.

Thanks!
JP.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Banned

Thanks for responding Joe, I was actually interested in the high power S2 package...I kinda thought thats where this thread was headed. Any new info on that? Any pricing info, or details on the heads? Thanks
Old 09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe is there any track times from recent cam and HVLD head customers? Thanks in advance, Jeff.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe is there any track times from recent cam and HVLD head customers? Thanks in advance, Jeff.
TTT Joe?
Old 10-01-2003, 08:28 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Hey, I'm not on the fourm too much lately, but we have a 11.2x customer thats running a 3,200 stall Stacey in LA. For the most part, were known for building fast street cars all the way back to 1993.

1, people have to stop getting power confused with ET's, there two different things, for 1 example, "please post your ET's with X cam" this type of post makes no sence, quick example, I used to run 11.89-11.91 with hardly any mods done to my Camaro, lid, filter, Z06 intake, Z06 cam, muffler, cutout, 3,600 stall, everything else was dead stock right down to the weight.

added 100 RWH and ran the best of 11.40, but broke the trans also,point being is if you have 500 fwh, it's not that the car will magicly run 10.70 in the quarter by itself, Now, if I add 4.10 gears, 4,200 stall and drop the weight down to 3,150 then it will run 10's easy over the unmatched parts I was running then. It's all in the chassis stall gearing and weight, when all those components are matched to the power band, thats when the ET comes providing there is a good driver behind the wheel.

I can supply the power, but it's the customers decision of what platform they want the power to be used for.

There is no cam that makes ET, there is no head that makes ET, it's the combo of driver chassis and power level and traction that does.

Our next car up is going to be the highest powered LS1 vehicle we ever built to date and will most likely take the top spot in the hydrolic cam catagory for M6 power output but it won't run a good quarter time until all the drive line componants are matched to the power band.

JP.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:42 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You tell them Joe..
Old 10-01-2003, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Our next car up is going to be the highest powered LS1 vehicle we ever built to date and will most likely take the top spot in the hydrolic cam catagory for M6 power output but it won't run a good quarter time until all the drive line componants are matched to the power band.

JP.
Joe if that damm 346 puts down more powah then my 427, You and I are going to have to talk!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:14 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Ooops... err, did I say M6? I meant Bears A4 .

Sorry 'bout the rant, I just had to get that out, Power can be used as a determining factor of what your *potential ET could be, but dosen't mean anything if components don't match or if you don't launch high enough, or if you have poor traction. BTW, That 11.2x guy's screen name is SilverTA or something like that?

JP
Old 10-01-2003, 10:35 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to agree with Joe on this one.Its the weather,weight,driver,traction,tuning and the setup of parts working together for a common goal.

Most of Joe's customers are street guys and he caters to them very well.They arent into drag racing per say.

I know he's working with a guy named wilwaxu from the EFA board and this guy is hardcore.I know once they get the setup on his car and get it tuned properly its gonna run well.

I also know Bob2of3 is hush hush cause I emailed him and he hasnt gotten back to me.This only means one thing,he's fine tuning his JPR H/C combo and setting his car up for a unvailing very soon and its gonna be tuff for sure.

I've said it all along and I'll say it again I had Joe's heads on my car with a TR224 cam along with a properly setup drag race type of setup and it ran flawlessly (11.50@117 with ME in the seat (320lbs) it also pulled very good 60ft's and idled with an attitude.

Honestly though I'd like to see less excuses and more ets and thats not a knock on anyone.If your gonna make the power and brag about and this goes for any shop,then take it to the track and run it.Its not to hard to drop a front sway bar,throw on some skinnies and et drags and head to Atco,Cecil.....

The bottom line,Pick your sponsor and have fun.
Thats what this is all about,right?

Old 10-01-2003, 10:48 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Honestly though I'd like to see less excuses and more ets and thats not a knock on anyone.If your gonna make the power and brag about and this goes for any shop,then take it to the track and run it.Its not to hard to drop a front sway bar,throw on some skinnies and et drags and head to Atco,Cecil.

But what about all my high powered road course guy's? they either have absolutly no ambition to go 1/4 mile or there chassis won't allow them to. ie heavy than stock brake set ups, thicker front and rear sway bars, neutral diff gearing, lowered suspension. etc.. etc.. what about these guys? But there running 1st-5th in there classes .

JP
Old 10-01-2003, 10:56 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wasnt trying to stir the intermet pot bro...
Its just my opinion,I wanna see et's and more ets' and more et's,ets,ets,ets,ets,etc..Think I like et's

Its all good Joe,Oh by the way I'm going to JD's Mon. to final tune Steves S2 LT1 car along with a STOCK LT4 H/C 6sp.I'll let u know how we made out.

See ya soon,Maybe some wings and clams at the diner by Atco?

Page 1
Old 10-02-2003, 07:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"But there running 1st-5th in there classes"

Yep! I'll go to the dragstrip, but that's not what my car is setup for. Bring on the twisties!