Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Car is at EastSide.. Dude I'm gettin a stroker.lol. any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 03:56 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 9T9BlueTA
The oil pump can be replaced when you do a cam change. D3IMOS it looks like you have alot of questions. I suggest that you do some research make a list of questions and give them to Eastside.
If I were you I would wait til I had everything (heads and such) becuase you are going to pay to have the long block assembled twice and pay twice for tuning.

you may need:
bigger fuel injectors
New Rear (driver and tire dependent)

Good Luck.
took the words out of my mouth
Old 08-31-2004, 07:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give him a call today.. See I was really planning on doing things in 3 steps total..
1. Bottom End Now.
2. Heads and Mean Cam over the winter.
3. ATI right at Summer time..

However the only thing I"m iffy about is the Blower.. Thats almost a year from now.. I never know for sure whats gonna happen ya know?
I really wont' be racing it to much right now..

I guess the hardest decision is to go NA or Blower down the road and I have to decide that now..
9.5 or 10.1 compression pistons..

How much pwr will I lose if I go with lower compression pistons?

If I can still stay above like 360 for the year I would be fine with it..

Doesn't Head and Cam packages change compression? If I get like a ported head/cam package won't the compression go right back up to 10.1?

MY goal is 500-600 to the wheels for a daily driver by next summer.. so Should I set HP expectations for each stage?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The compresion will change with chamber volume. I have a 5.3 here and if I go with the LS6 heads my comp DROPS to like 8:1 which would be ideal for a blower.

If those are your stages then yes set goals. if you really want the huffer then don't worry about what your HP is now.. look to the future

What I mean by that statement is that if you are looking for the 500hp mark then don't worry what just a forged bottom is giving you with the stock top end. When selecting a cam be sure to deside what will work best with the huffer same goes for the heads... more CC lower compression.... as far as the now end of it. Once again talk with Eastside and get their take on your plans. They will be the ones to help.

bonedog