Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is a pipe-dream anyway.

I'm out.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Take it with good heart.
GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL.
At least we are educated morons.
gramaticly correct morons is more like it i guess i get a f for the day
but it's typical for a master of jackassery like your self would correct my grammer rather than add something technical
Old 09-04-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you aren't adding anything technical so what is your point ...i guess bashing people ...oh and maybe looking stupid while doing it... i don't think there is any more technical info that this guy can get now anyhow...he's been told quite a few ways to go about acheiving his goals

apologies for my "bashing" AM2...just didn't understand why you wanted to do what you were doing...and also did not know that you could really extend a power band that much

Last edited by 777; 09-04-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rons 00z
you guys are morons. no really though how are you keeping this thread technical other than you think and mabey ideas your not so leave your a cancer to this thread he gave a goal and wants some feedback on how to accomplish it. hey i have an idea lets bore a ls1 block to it's max bore? ah thats stupid if the stroke isnt square then it's not worth biulding it either needs to be square or stroked. if you guys think it wont work then explain why it wont instead of sounding like an *** and just bashing the guy
Since when is an engine a POS if it isnt square?? You have got to be kidding me. You build the engine according to its purpose. Most purposes dont need a square engine, is a c5r a squared engine?? No, so i guess they arent worth building. Tell the c5r team that there engine isnt square so they shouldnt have built it. Oh, why dont you go tell Colonel he is an idiot too. His engine is 4.155 bore x 4inch stroke. Not exactly square either. You really need to figure out what the hell you are talking about before you start bashing people.
Good post on "optimum engine dimensions" -
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/207182-dimensions-optimum-motor.html
Old 09-04-2004, 05:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Someone is applying "ricer" thinking to LS1 territory, Hmmmm, I wonder who that is.
Not exactly...
Old 09-04-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lostpatrolman
Since when is an engine a POS if it isnt square?? You have got to be kidding me. You build the engine according to its purpose. Most purposes dont need a square engine, is a c5r a squared engine?? No, so i guess they arent worth building. Tell the c5r team that there engine isnt square so they shouldnt have built it. Oh, why dont you go tell Colonel he is an idiot too. His engine is 4.155 bore x 4inch stroke. Not exactly square either. You really need to figure out what the hell you are talking about before you start bashing people.
Good post on "optimum engine dimensions" -
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207182

that was sarcasim if anyone has been reading my post's the whole time i've been saying for him to use a resleaved ls1 block and keep the stock stroke that would probably be the best way for him to achive his goals unlike 777 and predator z those stupid ********* just say thats stupid use a sbc or just stroke the motor it's better. he has a goal in mind ladies we should give him pointers instead of bashing him <-------thats my point

oh and FYI i'm biulding a d stroked ls1 as well
Old 09-04-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

biulding
the word is Building

grammer
the word is Grammar

unlike 777 and predator z those stupid ********* just say thats stupid use a sbc or just stroke the motor it's better. he has a goal in mind ladies we should give him pointers instead of bashing him
check this link out:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hypocrite
Old 09-04-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with the others. It is best to keep rpm down low for better longevity. You can put fine power down in the moderate rpm scale, which would be best for dependability. He is just going to induce more turbo lag by going to a smaller displacement. Here is a very flat torque and HP curve. The numbers might not be crazy high, but a turbo can fix that. https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=7533 This is JS dyno sheet and figures. His combo is LS6 Head/224-580 cam 113 +2.
A setup like this would be excellent for autocrossing.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
biulding

the word is Building

Quote:
grammer

the word is Grammar

Quote:

Quote:
unlike 777 and predator z those stupid ********* just say thats stupid use a sbc or just stroke the motor it's better. he has a goal in mind ladies we should give him pointers instead of bashing him

check this link out:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hypocrite

I agree with the others. It is best to keep rpm down low for better longevity. You can put fine power down in the moderate rpm scale, which would be best for dependability. He is just going to induce more turbo lag by going to a smaller displacement. Here is a very flat torque and HP curve. The numbers might not be crazy high, but a turbo can fix that. https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...tachmentid=7533 This is JS dyno sheet and figures. His combo is LS6 Head/224-580 cam 113 +2.
A setup like this would be excellent for autocrossing.
you say turbo...but..just for thought do you think a supercharger would work better for what his goals are...wouldn't a supercharger be able to have a flatter curve?...just throwing that out there i really don't know...its just what seem logical to me
Old 09-04-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think it depends on how much power he wants to put down. i'm not even in the same ballpark as anyone who has any knowledge about FI, but if he wants power at real fast, a TT set up might work, he would get max boost much faster that way and wouldnt have to rev all the way to 8k rpms, also he wouldnt have worry about hp loss with a higher boost supercharger application.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just something to add, I'm pretty sure the stock computer maxxes out at 8k or so. The tables just end.

Personally with all the money involved in a destroked built LS1 with a turbo setup, just build a bigger cube motor and have all the power NA, with a lighter package. You want 600hp? It's really easy NA with a stroker/bored motor. A 427 will put down 550rwhp easy. A turbo 346 will put down the same power easily as well. Destroking doesn't make much sense. A NA 427 will put down huge power across the entire powerband, 3-7kish.

Dope
Old 09-04-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah a spuercharger would work as well he could go with a vortech set up or ati if he wanted that would keep a good curve. but he would have more loss in power compared to a turbo. for max power and a rpm range of 4-7 or 8 a turbo would probably be better suited.

and as far as you stupid ***** correcting my spelling kiss my ***. i dont care it's the internet it's a tech site not a spelling site so blow me.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe he should just read Lingenfelter's articles and projects on turbo LS1's. I didn't see him destroking for the 750 hp twin turbo setup. But then maybe he was a moron and a ******** too. RIP.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

lingenfelter is the best of the best, if i was rich i would own alot of their products, but i'm not.

if only us f-body's had roots style superchargers. wait! how much room will there be above the engine? maybe the c5 magnacharger will fit under there?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Unfortunatly it doesn't, because of the cowl. However IMO it is not impossible with some serious custom work. That also requires $$$$$$
Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh, i know it wont fit on our cars, but would it fit in the rx-7 this guy is talking about?
Old 09-05-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I seriously doubt it. The LS1 TB comes very close to the hood in most RX7s that I've seen.

Dope
Old 09-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 777
this to me seems like the dumbest idea i have ever heard of...i don't understand why anyone wants to rev the engine to 8k...you say so you have a longer power band...i don't think you can create a longer power band...you can shift them...but i doubt you can double your power band...rx7's rev so high because they have to make up for the lower displacement...this way they can spin the turbo at the same speed...since the turbo runs off of gases and not rpms a v8 will create as much exhaust gas as a 4 cylinder (or rotary in your case) of half the size at twice the rpms....secondly you can have an engine that is 500% more reliable and make the same power and the same times without destroking and whatever else you are talking about for less money...just get a forged 347 and throw a turbo on it if that is what you are wanting..."long gears" wouldn't be good for any type of racing if you ask me...except top speed i guess...but even then not a good idea in my book.

you dont seem to know anything about rotaries.

first, because of a rotary's design, they have an incredible exhaust pulse allowing them to spool a fairly large turbo.

ex: a rotary would want an exhaust a/r around 1.0 or a little lower for a good spool out of 80 cubic inches

but most people with turbo LS1s that i have seen are in the .65 area on the exhaust side.

that doesnt seem like they have problems with spooling to me

also they dont rev so high only to make up for displacement but so the the intake and exhaust ports dont overlap so much.
You know like a big cammed v8 has to rev a bit to get into the powerband.

but at least you can argue with and make fun of people that had a question
Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by swolbynos
you dont seem to know anything about rotaries.

first, because of a rotary's design, they have an incredible exhaust pulse allowing them to spool a fairly large turbo.

ex: a rotary would want an exhaust a/r around 1.0 or a little lower for a good spool out of 80 cubic inches

but most people with turbo LS1s that i have seen are in the .65 area on the exhaust side.

that doesnt seem like they have problems with spooling to me

also they dont rev so high only to make up for displacement but so the the intake and exhaust ports dont overlap so much.
You know like a big cammed v8 has to rev a bit to get into the powerband.

but at least you can argue with and make fun of people that had a question
Interesting, what rpm does a rotary engine hit full boost with a midsized turbo??
Old 09-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lostpatrolman
Interesting, what rpm does a rotary engine hit full boost with a midsized turbo??

depends on your definition of midsize, but i know of a few people with 400rwhp with boost between 3500-4000 with an 8000rpm ceiling.

i also know a person that cant hit ffull boost till about 5500, but that is with a fairly monstrous turbo

so that would be comparative to a turbo that spools at 3k rpm (half the redline)

if 400hp doesnt sound like much, imagine 2600lbs and 4.10 gears with that power...

Quick Reply: Destroked LS1 Questions.....