Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So how many of you are going with the SLP 402 package?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4U2NV
I tried slp for their 420 hp package .It was junk and the sales manager in Troy Michigan was an a$$hole.I think his name was mark shickel.I wouldn't recommend anybody going to slp.

He is no longer an employee of SLP, and the Troy facility is closed -
Old 09-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Please also note that SLP Performance Parts (based in Toms River, NJ) and SLP Engineering (located in Troy, MI until it closed earlier this year) are separate companies entirely.
Why is it that i have a catalog from SLP Performance Parts that lists Troy Michigan, Charlotte North Carolina, LaSalle Quebec, Lachine Quebec and St. Henri Quebec as Slp Performance Parts Facilities.Troy Michigan is listed as the companys engineering research and development. The catalog sure doesn't list them as two totally different companies. My parts came from the Toms River NJ facilities.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS4U2NV
Please also note that SLP Performance Parts (based in Toms River, NJ) and SLP Engineering (located in Troy, MI until it closed earlier this year) are separate companies entirely.
Why is it that i have a catalog from SLP Performance Parts that lists Troy Michigan, Charlotte North Carolina, LaSalle Quebec, Lachine Quebec and St. Henri Quebec as Slp Performance Parts Facilities.Troy Michigan is listed as the companys engineering research and development. The catalog sure doesn't list them as two totally different companies. My parts came from the Toms River NJ facilities.

Because back in early 1998 (the year of that catalog), they were one company. Later that year, SLP Performance Parts, Inc. was split and incorporated independently. We have not shipped that catalog since 2001, when the 2001 catalog was printed.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

iv read through all of these slp zl 402 posts, and havent found 1 person who is actualy using this motor yet. Where is the first hand experience? Also, i find it funny with out any first hand experience, there are alot of nay sayers about this motor, for what its worth i jut found out about this today and i called SLP and they answered every question i had including what parts are in it.

So who has one all ready?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

So what parts are in it then? i want to make sure if i'm buying a motor it's gonna be able to handle a power adder even on the high comp. motor. doesn't seem like a bad motor but are the internal parts going to be able to with stand the amount added given power like boost or NOS. anyone can build a forged motor, it's how MUCH can it handle not what will it produce. thats what i want to know, HOW can i get out of it, w/out it blowing
Old 10-06-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy an ls2 block and build an aluminum 402 and save 85 lbs.