Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI Stage IIr heads + tr224/561/114 cam?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
The heads were assembled by MTI so the heads have all MTI's products on them.

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, anyway
Old 09-13-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

That's what threw me off, I'm willing to bet $$$ that MTI would NEVER install 1.8's with fast ramp TR cams.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
That's what threw me off, I'm willing to bet $$$ that MTI would NEVER install 1.8's with fast ramp TR cams.
once again let me try to explain myself. the heads were assemble by MTI, Great heads by the way!!!!. He used stock rockers and the needle bearing in them just gave up so we swapped them for some patriot ones that didn't work so he ordered the harland sharps on a last minute thing but before he did order them since 1.8's were the only ones in stock and he needed to get the car quick. He CALLED MAJOR COMPANIES ASKING FOR ADVICE, ALL OF THEM TELLING HIM THAT HE WOULD BE FINE WITH THAT SET UP, BUT THAT IT WOULDN'T BENEFIT HIM MUCH SINCE IT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF THE CAM. BUT AGAIN THEY ALL EXPLAINED THAT CLEARENCES WOULD BE FINE. We aren't blaming anyone it happened and there is nothing we can do about it. What's done is done let it be we fugged up so what? It can be fixed! I'm pretty sure we aren't the only one's that have brain farts. Thanks, for your help
Eddie