Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP ASAP......oil pressure rises drastically on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP ASAP......oil pressure rises drastically on acceleration

I just changed the oil on my 99 Vette, 6 quarts Mobil 1 5W30 synthetic and the oil pressure rises drastically on acceleration....whats the problem?? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:57 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP......oil pressure rises drastically on acceleration

You have no problems. Oil pressure is suppose to rise during WOT. When you increase rpm's, the crank spins faster which the oil pump is mounted on. Therefor spins the pump fast, creating more oil pressure....
Old 01-08-2003, 01:22 AM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP......oil pressure rises drastically on acceleration

Yep

Its a good sign. The oil pressure should increase with rpm's.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your fine, you should see alot of oil pressure during acceleration. Also I would advise against using 5w30 in your motor, go with a slightly thicker mixture of 4x10w30 and 2x15w50 Mobil one, it will provide a heck of alot better cushion for your reciprocating assembly and cease oil burning that our engines seem to have. This mixture will make your engine last alot longer and quiet down your valve train since there is a thicker film of oil to cushion. This is the mixture ive switched too for my Z28, I havent had any oil burning issues but it is a precautionary step and the synthetic will flow immediatly upon startup so dont worry about cold start wear whatsoever.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP ASAP......oil pressure rises drastically on acceleration