Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i have pictires of what my motor looked like after the valve came apart so if any one wants to see them just let me knwo i will post them i just have to put them up on the web first
Old 09-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GUNNAR@PATRIOT

For those who have asked, here is a list of our retailers: Speed Inc., Summit Racing, Force Fed High Performance, LM Performance, Combination Motorsports, Eckler's, F-body Motorsports, Pace Performance, Scoggin Dickey, Speed Unlimited, Tatum Motorsports, Year One, and coming soon, JC Whitney.
I was shocked to see almost a full page in the Summit "Special Edition" mailing. Summit was also selling LOTS more LS1 stuff.. all of a sudden!
Old 09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if a CNC machine is doing the machine work on the heads then that takes out any variation .... so how can some of the heads not flow as advertised and some do?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

guys please read the below information and also read the guidelines at the top of the forum before posting...
No complaint or negative feedback threads are allowed to be posted by anyone other than the owner of the vehicle or the shop that was involved in the installation and tuning of the parts. If the shop that installed or tuned the parts has negative feedback we require that shop to have made demonstrable effort to contact the original manufacturer of the performance parts to resolve the issue before resorting to posting on our site. No other second or thirdhand complaint threads are allowed. We will lock threads that do not fit within our guidelines, or move them into the Moderator Forum.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that sounds good

partly the reason i spoke up because seemed like a few cheap shots were being taken at PP
Old 09-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

well since i own the shop and the car i guess i am good to go here

full force the CNC only does the rough work and i am sure that every set comes out the same
now the trouble is in the hand finishing in places where the CNC can not get to or get all the job done
PP has young kids and people that have no back ground in this field doing that work not that Terry is gone
also just a bit of imfo
the new PP head that has bees advertized to flow such great numbers is nothing more than a GM performance head that PP does a little more work to and the runner CC is huge
there is a AFR post on here where some guy talk about the smaller runner flowing allmost the same numbers is so awesome because of the valocity

FLOW BENCH NUMBERS ARE LIKE DYNO NUMBERS THEY DO NOT TELL THE COMPLETE STORY
Old 09-21-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am glad i paid $$$ for some awesome heads. if anything, that makes me sleep better at night.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Suspended Sponsor Account

we have been sent some PP heads for independent testing and on the LS6 style heads we have found the flow numbers to be consistent with advertised numbers. Stage 2 LS6 style heads flowed 306cfm at .600 lift and the intake runner spec'd out at 234cc's, they no longer use the 250cc program. We will be doing further testing and some R&D and see how well we can make these heads flow starting with a bare port.
We have taken a few valves and clamped them in a vise and slammed them with a hammer and while they did bend, so far none have had a head break off.
Now you may ask yourself how can a PP distributor do "independent" tests? well up to now all we have bought or sold are PP dual springs and some valves, but no heads, as we wanted to take a look for ourselves and what we see is a quality cnc'd head. as a small start up business we carry/provide only products we are confident in, as we can't afford a bad reputation now or ever. beside regardless of where the heads come from, before they leave here we do our own quality checks.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ForceFed HP
we have been sent some PP heads for independent testing and on the LS6 style heads we have found the flow numbers to be consistent with advertised numbers. Stage 2 LS6 style heads flowed 306cfm at .600 lift and the intake runner spec'd out at 234cc's, they no longer use the 250cc program. We will be doing further testing and some R&D and see how well we can make these heads flow starting with a bare port.
We have taken a few valves and clamped them in a vise and slammed them with a hammer and while they did bend, so far none have had a head break off.
Now you may ask yourself how can a PP distributor do "independent" tests? well up to now all we have bought or sold are PP dual springs and some valves, but no heads, as we wanted to take a look for ourselves and what we see is a quality cnc'd head. as a small start up business we carry/provide only products we are confident in, as we can't afford a bad reputation now or ever. beside regardless of where the heads come from, before they leave here we do our own quality checks.
Nice to see some independent testing being done. I sure will remember the sponsers the do this type of quality checks before they sell a product next time I concider buying a mod part.
I am thinking of pulling my heads over the winter to have them looked at....but I am starting to think to the old rule where if it isn't broke don't fix it. Well that and the $$ issue to do it.

Since I have Patriot heads myslef seeing this is good news.. BUT still keeping my fingers crossed......(hehe)
Old 09-21-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as a small start up business we carry/provide only products we are confident in, as we can't afford a bad reputation now or ever.
this why you guys are always on your toes making sure your customers (like myself) are always satisfied?

to finally finding a good shop
Old 09-22-2004, 03:35 AM
SPG
On The Tree

I have spent a lot of time speaking with the guys at Force Fed about my head cam purchase.

I intend using the pp cnc ls6 cast to get me 59cc , but with FFHP doing all the finishing, blending valve & guides etc. and any other work, using FF sourced components (they use thre pp golds which i'm happy with)

I'll get good compression heads, (unmilled) with no piston to valve issues , fitted out with good components. I will also get a flow chart

they have been very helpful, answering every question in detail, and helping me make an informed choice. (probably 20 emails and I havent spent a dime yet)

They were very open about what parts they use, where they originate from, what tests they do on the parts they supply, what the head will flow.

If you want to use the LS6 style casting, but get them finished exactly to your specifications, then Force Fed are worth a call
Old 09-22-2004, 05:01 AM
9 Second Club

This is why I am buying a heads and cam package from you guys. They stand behind there product and hand finish and inspect them before they come to me. Be calling soon finally
Old 10-11-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

SAME HERE. I was very impressed with the my several phone conversations with Brad from FFHP. After agonizing over what heads to use and what cam, he made things very clear to me. I will be going with the TEA/FFHP hand finished 5.3's, stage 2, uncut, and a custom cam Brad is designing for me based on my expectations. Anyone that needs some good honest information, realistic expectations, and a very fair price need to call Brad at FFHP now. Peace, Victor
Old 10-11-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got a flowsheet with mine and i bought mine from a friend.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by gomer
That's because they DID NOT flow the heads before they left the shop. That is one of the main reasons I have disassocitated myself from them. I stood in their office two months ago and told Hugh, the owner of Patriot, that he HAD to flow every head that leaves the building or there was no way they could deliver on consistant performance. I guess since he is a much more savy businessman than myself, he decided it wasn't worth the extra money/time to do it. If someone from there tells you that every set of heads were being flowed before they left, they are telling you a lie. I know this as first hand information. I could no longer have my name associated with a place that does half assed work, neither could Terry... so we are both doing something different now. I know I don't speak for TSP, but I'd imagine that they were thinking the same thing. Jason and Trevor are true "car guys" and have worked very hard to build their business into what it is today... I know they wouldn't want to compromise their investment or their name by taking a chance on a product that has proven to be hit or miss lately.
Wow! Guess that will teach me to be away from the board for a couple of months and not checking in due to work, family etc. What a very interesting turn of events.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 10-31-2004 at 05:22 PM.