Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed tr224, got a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed tr224, got a couple questions

I just finished installing my tr224 112LSA. My car is a A4, i know i need to get it tuned and plan on bringing it to Norris Motorsports in orlando for it. But my questions are

1. Should it idle at all, or is it normal for it to die if i dont give it any gas.
2. My "check gauges" light came on afterwards but there is nothing out of the ordinary with them. What could cause this, or is it normal?

I drilled out the hole in the throttle body and adjusted the screw on it for the idle and it didn't help at all. Any suggestions?
Old 09-26-2004, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. It should find its idle after its warm, mine did with a G5X2 on a 112.
2. I believe the check gauges light only comes on if one of the gauges is not in normal operating conditions. make sure your oil pressure isn't low, engine isn't overheating, alternator is charging ok.

I was told that moving the screw to keep the throttle blade open will throw off the throttle position sensor. I did drill a 7/32" hole in it though.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check your oil presure for sure. Yes it is normal for it to die. I should learn how to idle in a couple of runs of 20 mins or so.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

I've got great oil pressure, about 50-55 at 1000rpms. The temp is fine and the voltmeter is fine too. I've got about a 1/4 tank of gas in it so it shouldn't be because of that.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, when I installed my TSP225 on 112 the car started right up and idled for several minutes perfectly. But we were adding coolant to the radiator and my bud gave it a bit of throttle and that was all she wrote. Had to give it gas to keep it alive. I later found out that resetting the computer, and on a cold engine, like overnite or barely warm, it would idle for a minute or two before it would try to die. After I got it tuned it was perfect. I hated driving it when it wouldn't idle. Cruisin town was embarresing, had to stick it in N and feather the throttle at stop lights and crap. I felt like an idiot. I had to drive it like that for 2 weeks, it never learned to idle at all, or did it get better in the slightest. Get it tuned and not only will you regain excellent driveability, but also 10-15rwhp, and more than that under the curve. I don't know about the check gage light, mine only comes on when I'm low on fuel. Looks like you've checked the other gauges already. Good luck, and congrats on the newfound power.