Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new problem

I just put my magnaflow on the other day and when i get it home, a freind of mine comes by to see it. When i start it he said a puff of blue smoke came out. So i just figured that it was from the newly welded muffler. So then i start it after a long ride to clear all the crap out and it still puffs blue on start up. So i figure that it is the valve seals. The only thing that bothers me is that how can the valve seals go bad after only 13,000 miles? What do you guy think, valve seals or bigger problem?
Old 11-14-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

It's probably a problem, but possibly one you are not going to be able to fix. I have seen some previous problems where people had blue smoke after cam installs. Nothing necessarily went wrong...it just happened. Who did your install for all your stuff?
Old 11-14-2004, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Cartek installed the cam. I put and AMW can in today so im hoping that works and i am going to have the valve seals replaced. If it works fine, if not, time to sell the car.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:10 PM
MKS
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PG45
Cartek installed the cam. I put and AMW can in today so im hoping that works and i am going to have the valve seals replaced. If it works fine, if not, time to sell the car.
any check engine lights ? mights be an O2 sensor gone bad with the welding or a bad MAF ...id have the car checked before changing anything