Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input on dual valvesprings

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004 | 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Cool

Originally Posted by XTrooper
None of which has anything to do with the valve springs they market and sell. So say they sell the best valve springs on the planet, you won't buy them because why?

My reading comprehension is fine as I went to school and college when they still actually taught and spoke proper English, but someone's logic sucks.

FWIW, I don't use the Patriot springs, but I haven't heard or read a single bad remark about them.
Relax Steve...

Keyboards make instant superheros out of people...

BTW... All the "gold" this and that means nothing but the coating used. The metalurgy and heat treat are the key to a successful spring. Time and testing are the only true record of what worked and what didn't.

If some company claims they've never had a spring failure with the product they distribute, they are either lying or haven't seen the real world yet. Valve springs are perishables, just like spark plugs, oil filters and racing tires. All part of a good maintenance schedule.

You want springs to last forever? Don't drive the car.

Ed
Old 11-27-2004 | 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

The PP Golds, PRC's @ the springs AFR are using on their new heads all come from the same manufacturer. That being said you can't go wrong with either.
Old 11-27-2004 | 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

watch a few nascar races and you will see somebody blow a motor due to a broken valve spring.granted they are pushing the limit of the motors to make maximum power,but you can bet they are using the best springs money can buy.any time you modify a production motor to operate outside the parameters for which it was designed,you are taking a chance on breaking something,especially when you hammer on it a lot.but to answer the question IMO the patriot golds are one of the better springs out there.i run them now and will run them on my next set of heads with a more aggressive cam.