TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of my stock lifters took a dump and we replaced them all with Comp Rs

valvetrain doesnt sound any louder to me

and several tuners locally use the Comp R lifters with the stock rockers
Old 12-13-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

not that this is common, but I had a CompR come apart at 1200 miles destroying my new motor. I'm now running Comp stock replacements. CompR's are a little more trouble to set up initially.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a lifter explode in my LS1 . Drained the oil and found chunks of it in there as well as the needle bearings from the roller part . TONS of shavings from the cam lobe that was ground down by the remaining part of the lifter . I had to have the whole motor redone thanks to that . BTW , I was traveling down the road at 55mph @ around 1200RPM or so when it happened . . .
Old 12-13-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kumar75150
one of my stock lifters took a dump and we replaced them all with Comp Rs

valvetrain doesnt sound any louder to me

and several tuners locally use the Comp R lifters with the stock rockers
You probably will never read this but anyway, Did your local tuners shim the rockers or did they use a shorter pushrod?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Banned

hey 777. The needle bearings came out of my #8 intake rocker arm and caused it to deflect. Long story short the #8 intake pushrod snapped at 5500 rpms and shot a hole through the passenger head. It's costing me a pretty penny. replace the factory rockers and dont worry about the lifters until you want to spin to 7500 rpms.

Nate
Old 12-14-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LBCSS
You probably will never read this but anyway, Did your local tuners shim the rockers or did they use a shorter pushrod?
I will ask him.

After reading on this site to only use the CompRs with adjustable rockers, I made sure and asked them at least 5 times if I could use the CompRs and was told that they have used them on many cars.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by triumphman
stock lifters work just fine and so do stock rockers.rockers have failed on rare occasion but its nothing to worry about[the asa race series has been using stock rockers and lifters and typically get 2 seasons on a motor,and they run them hard!. comp. r's scare me more i have seen them fall apart.not a good choice for a aluminum motor[expansion and contraction]imo.

LOL...the ASA cam is nothing....
Since those motors are specifically put together for that series you are sure GM uses STOCK production rockers and lifters? OK
Why would you say rockers have failed on rare occasion...there a dozens and dozens of people that have had at least one fail...just on these sites..
Believe it or not daily driving pounds a valvetrain too...just in a different way.