Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about overlap, and where to find cam info

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about overlap, and where to find cam info

Hi all. I really want to learn about cams more in depth than I already know. So, could somone point me towards some good info....I will continue searching on here, but if I could find something that will explain cams more in depth, that would be great. I want to do a cam, but would like to know more about the LSA, duration, etc. Trying to avoid the "Whch one do I want......." topic, I would much rather learn about it and make my own decision than have someone tell me something is good.

One more question, It doesnt necesarily have to apply to the Hotcam, but I was reading that the Hotcam increases valve overlap. Now, I know valve overlap can control EGR flow, rather than using a EGR valve system as in our cars. In a cam swap, is the increase in valve overlap enough to where I can remove my EGR valve system, and still have EGR so to speak? Thanks for the help
Old 12-16-2004, 01:26 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sig for the basics.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been asking a lot of cam question over the past month, do a search with my name in this section and you'll find all the info you will need...