Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are your feelings on cams in general...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
it's probably just a total misconception on my part, but i feel like if i decide to get a cam for the ws6, ill be shortening the life of my whole car/engine. It just seems to me that changing something like that would put undue wear and tear on the engine and everything else.
but..after i get my kooks/duals, i cant really think of how to make much more power other than a cam, or my ultimate goal a s/c (which would take much, much longer to set money aside for )
thoughts? ideas?
TIA
i think the cam is the brain of the car, the factory puts in a real sissy cam, so all those whimps can't compain about driveability, etc... I think aftermarket cams with rough idles are fun for the whole family
thanks again.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:13 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

nice ride y2kvert
Old 12-19-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
I think you should be driving a Honda rather than a hot rod..
have some fun...once you have 500rwhp you'll wonder why the hell you waited so long.
You only live once...dont save your car for anyone else..
sorry bud, these arent "hot rods", and regardless..what does being concerned about my car have anything to do with...anything?? i take care of my ****, cars, and all my other posessions...so whats the problem with getting advice from people who have already been down the road ill soon go down?