Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long trip ahead

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long trip ahead

-At the end of the month I will be moving to San Diego from Coastal N. carolina. I need opinions on what fluids I should change beforehand and with what brands. The car has 32,000 miles and in last 15 months I have changed rear differential fluid once and added 10w-30 oil every 3,000 miles. Should I change tranny fluid, change type of oil, and so forth.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sfwalters
-At the end of the month I will be moving to San Diego from Coastal N. carolina. I need opinions on what fluids I should change beforehand and with what brands. The car has 32,000 miles and in last 15 months I have changed rear differential fluid once and added 10w-30 oil every 3,000 miles. Should I change tranny fluid, change type of oil, and so forth.
Should be OK with a fresh motor oil change before you leave with whatever oil you have been using. Rear should be good for a long time. Check all other fluid levels. I don't know how hard the car has been driven might not hurt to do a tranny fluid change. Higher end shops including dealerships have a machine that actually pumps fresh fluid through the tranny that cleans out old fluid everywhere including the torque converter.