Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get oil pump spacer for Roll Master chain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by driftpin
What in the hell are you talking about? Until you join up and stand a post, you have nothing to say on the subject.
LIKE A ************.

With mad respect to your father/grandfather, that still gives you no right to talk. You've not been faced with orders that aren't quite legal/ethical, you haven't had multiple lives on your shoulders depending on you, nor have you worn the Flag reminding you how many brothers and sisters you have fighting for thier life over there. So with all due respect, please do not continue voicing your ignorant *** opinions. They HIGHLY offend me....and yes, IT DOES matter that I still have my entire old unit fighting across Iraq right now. Something you may not understand, but should respect nonethless.

BTW, before my medical discharge I was going to attend Special Forces Selection, then a six month tour in Iraq, then attend West Point. If in any way you can possibly label that as the easy path to ANYTHING, let me know.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Teching In

I realized how I may have given the wrong impression on my respect, thats why if you read my last thread you will see the words i appologize. So now its to the point of take it or leave it, but get over it. Hey im an american I voted, and because of people like you I have the right to my opinion on anything I chose. You dont have a choise on what I say nor anything you can do about it. Im sorry if I came off ignorant, I actually consider my self a very logical person that may have gave the wrong idea. If I was drafted You can bet your *** I would go defend this country. But I would never put myself in the army. For I dont think theres anything to come out of it good for me. my parents tought me how to listen,follow directions and make desisions. I dont need someone who got a position of athority because of a time served, senority type deal. I may be write may not be, let me know. But on another note what put you in the service Im honestly curious. Did you get drafted enlist on your own. Now that your out did you come away with a life skill/career. I didnt get what you ment by it does matter that your buddies are still there. Im thinking your refering to when I said i could care less. I meant about the oil pump spacer situation with the cars. I was just kind of seeing jermzz point of view. Not caring about soldiers/your buddies would never leave my mouth. Just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited by xcobra; 01-16-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow This Post Took A Different Turn
Old 01-16-2005, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Haha this post got outta hand.Hey bro I have some extra spacers laying around the shop along with the bolts..Just pay for shipping and i'll get some out to you..ah hell you can have em for free just gimme a shipping adress,send me a PM.

Carter
Old 01-16-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

xcobra, its cool. everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and thats one reason I enlisted. fyi, you CANNOT be drafted into the military as of right now. sent you a PM. we're cool, I wasn't so much upset at you but the fact that you had the wrong info. I also appreciate the thoughts for the soldiers over there, they need 'em.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 10secondZ
Haha this post got outta hand.Hey bro I have some extra spacers laying around the shop along with the bolts..Just pay for shipping and i'll get some out to you..ah hell you can have em for free just gimme a shipping adress,send me a PM.

Carter
Now that is what I am talking about.....That is why Ls1tech Is the ****.....
Old 01-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Teching In

cyphrer. Its definatly cool. For any part I contributed to that little spiel, my bad. Lets just talk cars. Something were both fans of.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Teching In

I have a set you can have. Send me an e-mail with
your address if you want them. (I have the longer bolts also)

Russ
scantech@bellsouth.net

Originally Posted by jermzz
Anyone know where I can get just the spacers? I already have the chain...
Old 01-17-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xcobra
cyphrer. Its definatly cool. For any part I contributed to that little spiel, my bad. Lets just talk cars. Something were both fans of.
Agreed. Hit me up on AIM/Yahoo if you ever want to learn some of the truths about the Army, I'd be glad to share my experiences and hopefully straighten out the record. I promise to be calmer
Old 01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Guys, no flames here just wallbanging.

You have your oil pump. Flip it and you'll see where the holes are.
Make a template of the areas on the pump with pencil and paper
Put the template on 1/8 inch sheetmetal, draw the contour and holes. use the dimentions given to you as reference. smooth out the edges and voila.

In my basic little mind, I cannot fathom how one would do a cam swap and not be able to use their immaginations to fabricate a simple shim (with pics and dimentions given nonetheless).
So if I offended you little wet nosers, well tough. You should concentrate on learning not the offense. Obviously none of you have been in the Army.
(Ok that being said, it's obvious I'm not in a good mood)

I just don't think I asked a stupid or even a wrong question. I can take the drawing and pump to a machine shop and have it done. I could also buy a new timing chain that comes with the spacers. I wouldn't have to fabricate anything. I don't think there's too many things in the fbody "hor rod" world that need to be fabricated at all, especially when you're buying everything online anyway. I have a buddy who has all the tools needed to make the brackets, but not ever working with metal before, I don't know how good I would do. So I think it IS ok to ask that question, without having to worry about ridicule or "wallbanging". I'm not gonna bother to try and do it myself if it has to be that close, i'd just rather pay to have it done.

I really don't understand how you could think that just because someone could do a cam swap, they would be able to fabricate spacers. Obviously I don't know if I could or not, i've never even tried. I can sure as hell can do a cam swap....did my heads aswell... maybe i'm the only one?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

xcobra, thanks for seeing my side bro!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

I just don't think I asked a stupid or even a wrong question. I can take the drawing and pump to a machine shop and have it done. I could also buy a new timing chain that comes with the spacers. I wouldn't have to fabricate anything. I don't think there's too many things in the fbody "hor rod" world that need to be fabricated at all, especially when you're buying everything online anyway. I have a buddy who has all the tools needed to make the brackets, but not ever working with metal before, I don't know how good I would do. So I think it IS ok to ask that question, without having to worry about ridicule or "wallbanging". I'm not gonna bother to try and do it myself if it has to be that close, i'd just rather pay to have it done.

I really don't understand how you could think that just because someone could do a cam swap, they would be able to fabricate spacers. Obviously I don't know if I could or not, i've never even tried. I can sure as hell can do a cam swap....did my heads aswell... maybe i'm the only one?
I would figure that if a guy could do a cam swap, he could run an Oxy/Ace torch, drill press, center punch and dremel but I guess there are occasion where certain folks can only do work if there's instructions included (not trying to slam you). I think it is an easy project and to go out and buy a new chain is wasting money when you all ready have one. Even if you brought the sketch to a machine shop they could wack it out on a band saw and a drill pressing less then an hour. I would probably change the 6/8th to 3/4 before I went though. They'd probably charge you $20.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xcobra
I definitely could use the spacers. I pulled the motor and lost them. But still have the chain, etc.

Perry Kincy
2125 Stone Croft St
Las Vegas, Nv 89134
Old 01-17-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Perry Kincy
I definitely could use the spacers. I pulled the motor and lost them. But still have the chain, etc.

Perry Kincy
2125 Stone Croft St
Las Vegas, Nv 89134
I think he was talking to me
Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Since I offered them to you first, I'll send them out to
you tomorrow. Do you need the longer bolts also? Send
me an e-mail if you want the bolts also.

I think he was talking to me
Old 01-18-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you get my e-mail with my address? I'll take the bolts, too. THANKS!!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
In the Army they teach you how to use initiative, analize problems, resolve them very quickly (your life depends on it) and how to "think out of the box". That is what I meant.
This problem solving logic is very helpful in daily life and especially in the Hot Rodding arena, where everything has to be modified or fabricated.

As for your other comment about what an army is, I will ignore it since you have obviously NO idea and certainly have not deserved the right to make a comment like that.
Just remember that in order to have peace, you have to be ready to go to war, and that requires an army.

20 year vette here! AF not Army but I agree with you 100%