Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam and supporting mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam and supporting mods

I am looking to do a G5X3 camshaft very soon, I don't have the money to get a 9" or any mods like that, that aren't a neccessity. I know i'll need need new springs, retainers, seals, and might as well do a ported oil pump. What else is needed for the cam swap? I will not do headers right away, and i know that will really restrict my power, but I dont have the money for all that right now. My reason for doing the cam before long tubes or any other mod, is because my car is a daily driver and I have the option of having another car for a week or so while I do my cam swap. A cam swap will take long then putting on long tubes. Also, a cam would add more power compared to LT's. Shorftly after though, I will be getting LT's, stage 3 clutch, LS6 intake etc. So what are the absolute neccessity mods needed to do a cam swap, and nothing more. Also, with having stock manifolds, will I be hurting the car at all? I don't plan on flooring it really at all, not WOT aleast and I won't go to the track until I get it tuned, and thats not until I get some LT's. So what do you guys think, what do I need to do the swap, and what parts do you reccomend I get, and will I be ok with stock manifolds and tune, as long as I drive it safe. Please don't say wait until you can afford everything, because I might be able to afford something but not put it in, now I have the time and another car to drive, and I can afford the cam swap, but nothing else. thanks guys.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I am going to do the same in a few weeks. I am also getting a pulley. Check this write up for the parts you will need:
http://www.bowlingss.com/Mods/Instal...stallation.mht

Good luck.

Bill