Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New oil Pump Same Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New oil Pump Same Problem

I had created another thread about iron blocks going through bearings and it looks like after 700 miles it has happen again. I wanted to gets some opinions from people on how to handle this issue. I purchased the motor from a good company that is sponsored by this site. I installed the new motor 6 months ago and ended up pulling it back out due to bearing failure. I pulled the motor back out packed it up shipped it back. A few months later received my motor ran great for 700 miles. Now here is my dilemma:

I do not have the time or patience to do this all over again. I know there are issues that’s why the installing the motor the second time was not as big of a deal.
I feel they should pay to have the car shipped to them and let them fix the issue. I even offered to fly down and pick the car up to drive it home. I figured putting some miles on it would make me feel better that the issue was resolved.

The next solution is to take the car to a local shop and let them sort it out.

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks,

Kane
Old 01-18-2005, 06:08 AM
TECH Addict

What bearings is it that are failing? If its cam bearings its probably gunna be the way they are installed. But if its main bearings you must be missing a galley plug or something somewhere in there.

Josh S.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link to original thread?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/256819-6-0-iron-blocks.html

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Link to original thread?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What weight oil do you use? Try using 20W50 oil. That will tell you if the bearing clearences are loose. If I use 10W30, I have so-so oil pressure, but if I use 20W50, I have GREAT pressure (45-50 idle and 60-80 WOT PSI hot). Otherwise, maybe check for the galley plug behind the pump or the small plug in the rear of the motor.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kaneman
I had created another thread about iron blocks going through bearings and it looks like after 700 miles it has happen again. I wanted to gets some opinions from people on how to handle this issue. I purchased the motor from a good company that is sponsored by this site. I installed the new motor 6 months ago and ended up pulling it back out due to bearing failure. I pulled the motor back out packed it up shipped it back. A few months later received my motor ran great for 700 miles. Now here is my dilemma:

I do not have the time or patience to do this all over again. I know there are issues that’s why the installing the motor the second time was not as big of a deal.
I feel they should pay to have the car shipped to them and let them fix the issue. I even offered to fly down and pick the car up to drive it home. I figured putting some miles on it would make me feel better that the issue was resolved.

The next solution is to take the car to a local shop and let them sort it out.

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks,

Kane
Kane:

Sorry to hear that your still having problems. Like the last guy mentioned, I would try a heavier oil and see if that brings up the oil pressure significantly or not. Otherwise I also agree that you may have a loose or missing oil galley plug--just a thought.

I am getting together with jeremy tonight for a tune. I will let you know the results.

Dale
Old 01-18-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dale5050
Kane:

Sorry to hear that your still having problems. Like the last guy mentioned, I would try a heavier oil and see if that brings up the oil pressure significantly or not. Otherwise I also agree that you may have a loose or missing oil galley plug--just a thought.

I am getting together with jeremy tonight for a tune. I will let you know the results.

Dale
I understand the rear oil galley plug can slide out of the block just enough to divert oil away from the lower bearings. The rear cover does not prevent this and it will not show as a leak cuz it dumps right back into the pan.
If this is the ultimate reason for this there are a few companies that modify the rear cover to stop this.
Again not knowing the ultimate problem I would find out just how reputable the builders are and what they are willing to do....