Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant leak! MTI 427

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=tuff]I want to build one of these monsters and need to know who is going to stand behind there stuff.QUOTE]

TUFF;

ARE will and have stood behind all our big-bore blocks and all our engines 100%. Even through thick & thin.. Yes you can use nitrous or boost on our blocks too! Now up to 4.155 on LS2 blocks now.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SLED28
ARE will and have stood behind all our big-bore blocks and all our engines 100%. Even through thick & thin.
I know this is your job so don't take this as a flame. How can you make that statement? Based on just what I have seen on this board (admittedly no first hand experience), several people have had to go pick up new motor's from other shops (many more than I have heard of from MTI). A certain big inch C5R headed dope motor comes to mind. And trust me I am the farthest thing from a MTI nutrider.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by poolfanatic
Even though I've approached Andy about this off line - I'm going to state MTI's position on this so everyone can be aware:

I've asked Andy to contact me after Steve at RED has a chance to look over the block and then I'll work directly with Andy to try and satisfy him and turn this situation into something that he's OK with.

No one person or business is perfect, mistakes do happen. We like everyone else try to keep them to a minimum because they cost money - both in customer goodwill and actual monies out of pocket, not to mention time and aggravation for everyone involved.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX
i love politicians.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by XIII
I know this is your job so don't take this as a flame. How can you make that statement? Based on just what I have seen on this board (admittedly no first hand experience), several people have had to go pick up new motor's from other shops (many more than I have heard of from MTI). A certain big inch C5R headed dope motor comes to mind. And trust me I am the farthest thing from a MTI nutrider.
XIII, I hear what your saying... but we did take care of the c5r motor guy...check the sponsor section
Old 03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe so Sled but plenty of guys have been screwed by ARE and have been waiting YEARS for repairs.I wouldnt buy gum off ARE,U Sled shouldve opened your OWN shop,U wouldve been $$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

I hope u guys get ARE straightened out as u did at one time have nice stuff,I dont wish bad things on pople.

LastLS1 is at least getting taken care of and thats whats important.

Last edited by JS; 03-07-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Easy guys! Steve will have engine Wednesday. We'll see what happens then. Remember, I think every shop has problems to one extent. It's finding out what and who caused the problem. THEN seeing how the problem is taken care of! This never should have gone this far. Soon, time will tell.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:37 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by JS
Maybe so Sled but plenty of guys have been screwed by ARE and have been waiting YEARS for repairs.I wouldnt buy gum off ARE,U Sled shouldve opened your OWN shop,U wouldve been $$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

I hope u guys get ARE straightened out as u did at one time have nice stuff,I dont wish bad things on pople.

LastLS1 is at least getting taken care of and thats whats important.
Thats yet to be seen! So far the people that have offered to help, I haven't done business with before.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:44 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Update! Steve has the engine. He got it today. He will be looking at it shortly!
Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Update! Steve has the engine. He got it today. He will be looking at it shortly!

maybe i'll drive up and check it out.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by jrp

maybe i'll drive up and check it out.
He found issues already and it isn't even out of the box! I wish I could drive a meet him. He seems like a great guy.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

LASTLS1 I wish you better luck than I had with (Money Takers Inc.) MTI about a year ago with a set of stage 2E heads. I did manage to find one good use for the heads. After I cut them up with a saw they made great throtline weights at lake Sam Rayburn. If you would have made this post about a year ago you would have been blasted clean off the boards or your post deleted. Again good luck! I wish you well.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:34 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by landlord
LASTLS1 I wish you better luck than I had with (Money Takers Inc.) MTI about a year ago with a set of stage 2E heads. I did manage to find one good use for the heads. After I cut them up with a saw they made great throtline weights at lake Sam Rayburn. If you would have made this post about a year ago you would have been blasted clean off the boards or your post deleted. Again good luck! I wish you well.
There would be no reason t delete this post. EVERYTHING I stated has been the complete truth. This is to inform the board members about possible problems and how they are taken care of. Some of us spend ALOT of money in good faith. It's a complete shame it has gone this far. I hope they start installing the sleeves corectly with the proper equiptment OR just stop selling the Darton sleeved blocks. If they take care of the problem with me, it's a bonus. I had given up hope. After alot of talking to people about the Darton sleeves. I truely believe that they can be a very durable block. Steve told me I've had some bad "luck" lets just call it that for now. But he assured me to not be afraid to "lean on it", It will take the abuse if assembled correctly. I told him that if he told me not to I would not spray it. He said do it. The shortblock will handle 1000 HP no problem! He spent alot of time with me explaining why. I can't say enough good about him. Not to say it's the reason, but I would assume after this situation that his business should benifit from it, and I hope so! The saying goes "others profit from others misfortunes" ! I sent a email to David Coates from MTI, letting him know that Steve at Race Engine Development has the shortblock. So he can contact him for some type of resolution. I will let everyone know the final outcome! Stand by. Andy Essary.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Andy force with multi motors I guess we can lean on them hard at the track knowing you have a spare.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

I am following this closely. I bought my Darton sleeved block from MTI a month before yours.

Kind of scary to think I've got $2,500 of leaky block sitting in a crate out in the garage.

Unfortunately funds haven't come about to finish the rotating assembly, so there is no telling when I will find out if mine holds water.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:00 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Cricket99SS
I am following this closely. I bought my Darton sleeved block from MTI a month before yours.

Kind of scary to think I've got $2,500 of leaky block sitting in a crate out in the garage.

Unfortunately funds haven't come about to finish the rotating assembly, so there is no telling when I will find out if mine holds water.
Your welcome to call me. 630-531-5666 Andy. I will tell you what problems I've found. You may never have a problem. I truely hope not. But some things can be checked BEFORE you install it in the car, take off work early. load it in a trailer. Tralier it a hour and a half to make two passes!!

Last edited by LASTLS1; 03-10-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Coolant leak! MTI 427