Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with a Noise quick!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with a Noise quick!

My 2002 A4 Z28 has always had piston slap which used to go away when warm. I can now faintly here the diesel sound after about 20-30 minutes of driving. The real problem is that I here what seems to be piston slap from the #1 cylinder but i can make it happen all the time. It sounds like a bunch of marbles rolling around in there from about 1000-1600 rpm. After 1600 rpm or so i think it goes away (this may be because I cant here it over the exhaust though) and I cant here it while crusing unles Im under 10mph taking off lightly. I havent noticed any difference in performance. My car used to quiet down in about 3-4 minutes and now takes quite a while and is the quietest when Im hard on it. I only have about a month left on the warranty and would rather not take it in if this could be fixed relatively easily. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas? Car only has 18k on it.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Teching In

You might as well of writen the post for me. I have an 02 Z28 and i just recently became concerned with this piston slap. i hope we get some reply's from the guru's because its giving me a bad feeling in my stomach (or maybe that was the spicy pizza i just ate) anyways, its just like he said, the little marble sound, as for me that sound is appearent when i lightly give it gas and let it wine down.................HELP HELP HELP, either that or slap us for not knowing.........

Old 03-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Well I am putting my car back to stock and taking it to the dealer because It is annoying the crap out of me. Well see how it goes next week.