Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new heads, now searching for new cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KALEL
the problem is this is my daily driver and I really can't afford to be out of a car for an extended amount of time. Also the current cam in the car is a 224/230 112 LSA .567/.573 lift

did you check your actual p to v clearance when you installed this cam? if so what was it? by the way thanks for your input on my thread.
Richard
Old 04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

BTW, the heads I bought were at and shipped from Thunder Racing. Shane, the head tech at TR does all the work on the guy's car that I bought the heads from(same exact heads you bought). I spoke with him about what the biggest cam I could run on the heads and he said with Shawn's heads the biggest they could run without clearance issues was the 224. He said the 230 cams wouldn't fit. You could always call TR and ask for Shane, he is a very nice guy and seems very willing to answer questions. I called two times and got him on the phone both times.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
BTW, the heads I bought were at and shipped from Thunder Racing. Shane, the head tech at TR does all the work on the guy's car that I bought the heads from(same exact heads you bought). I spoke with him about what the biggest cam I could run on the heads and he said with Shawn's heads the biggest they could run without clearance issues was the 224. He said the 230 cams wouldn't fit. You could always call TR and ask for Shane, he is a very nice guy and seems very willing to answer questions. I called two times and got him on the phone both times.
whats the #?? My buddy spoke with someone from Futral and he said they told him about the same thing. My intake is a 224 and my exhaust is on a 230 so I'm thinking thats as big as I can go for now
Old 04-05-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

just go to thunderracing.com and call the number and ask for Shane...

Don't feel too bad, 224 cams are still considered by many the best all around cams. There's a thread in here right now about the, titled is 224 cam right for me or something like that. Check it out. You can always just add like a 75 or 100 shot on top of that and be well above your HP goals. Thats what I'll probably eventually do. You'll have the nice driveability and low end torque of a 224 cam and still a very respectable power level and than the option to go huge whenever needed, with the press of a button
Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i talked to some guy at thunderracing and he told me not to even worry about my cam, but since i dont have 4.10s to go ahead and get those damn things. the way he made it sound, it was like I was making a death wish not having them.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Restricted User

I have Absolute Speed Stage 2 heads milled .030 as well and I had the F13. I spoke with Allen from Futral and he said it would fit. It started up and ran fine, but I changed the setup before I ever got to drive it on the street. Good thing because when I pulled the heads you could see where the valves just touched the pistons so I would not recomend that setup. My F13 was on a 113LSA +4.. Hope this proves useful for you...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

well i talked to some guy at thunderracing and he told me not to even worry about my cam, but since i dont have 4.10s to go ahead and get those damn things. the way he made it sound, it was like I was making a death wish not having them.

Yeah cause I have 4.10s in my car and I wouldnt know what to do without them. You dont have to run 4.10s to run a decently sized cam, unless you went really huge which youre not. Alot of people are running G5x2s and such with stock gearing. I thought you were going to have your car tuned today???
Old 04-07-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Yeah cause I have 4.10s in my car and I wouldnt know what to do without them. You dont have to run 4.10s to run a decently sized cam, unless you went really huge which youre not. Alot of people are running G5x2s and such with stock gearing. I thought you were going to have your car tuned today???
yea i was supposed to but the guy COULDN'T FIND THE 1999 CABLE FOR HIS HPTUNER!!! this is the 2nd time some BS has happened. If it happens again I probably won't go to him.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

yea i was supposed to but the guy COULDN'T FIND THE 1999 CABLE FOR HIS HPTUNER!!! this is the 2nd time some BS has happened. If it happens again I probably won't go to him.

God Damn that sucks. Just a FYI when I called him he said he would have to get back with me about when he could schedule me in and everything so I left him my number. That was 3 weeks ago and I havent heard a word from them. I persoanlly dont think they want any business. If your interested Brent in Bowling Green from TEA is opening up his own business and will be doing it, I have his number. That is the closest place other than Hinson, which doesnt seem to like money.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
God Damn that sucks. Just a FYI when I called him he said he would have to get back with me about when he could schedule me in and everything so I left him my number. That was 3 weeks ago and I havent heard a word from them. I persoanlly dont think they want any business. If your interested Brent in Bowling Green from TEA is opening up his own business and will be doing it, I have his number. That is the closest place other than Hinson, which doesnt seem to like money.
yea no ****. he still hasn't called mike back about when we can reschedule. It's really starting to annoy me.