Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head and cam help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head and cam help...

I am a newbie so if this question was asked forgive me. I just bought a 2000 LS1 from a Camaro with the 4L60E. I will be swapping it into my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. As long as the motor is out I am going to rebuild it. What heads do I buy? The AFR's? Or do I just get the stock ones worked on? What cam would you guys recommend? I need to get rid of the fly-by-wire throttle system so that involves what? A new throttlebody? Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F-bodies didn't have fly-by-wire throttle bodies on their LS1s... only the Corvettes.

No one can really give you advice on what heads or cam to buy if we don't know your goals first... drag racing, road racing, just street, street/strip, daily driver, weekend toy, etc.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default told you I was new...

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
The F-bodies didn't have fly-by-wire throttle bodies on their LS1s... only the Corvettes.

No one can really give you advice on what heads or cam to buy if we don't know your goals first... drag racing, road racing, just street, street/strip, daily driver, weekend toy, etc.
Thanks for the tip. My goals are just to rebuild it as long as its out of the car. As it is going in a Jeep, there will be no drag racing involved, unless its in the dirt. I was playing on AFR's web site and they seem to be the hot ticket...530 hp sounds like fun. Any tips on where to by them? How about throttle bodys?