Sponsored by:

LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRI-TEK
Your flow #'s look great .
My flow #'s are pretty much the same as yours on 241 casting heads . LME was the shop that did my heads also as well as the short block. LME does awesome work.
Dude I am sorry, but your 241 heads dont flow those numbers. I am just about sick and tired of these bullshit numbers. Coming from a guy that spent over $500 last month in flow number on a TRUE bench I know. HP numbers are really what matter, but I have been working with guys that are profession porters and they just laugh at this stuff. As I am beginning too as well. LME is now and has always inflated everything they do. To the original poster what size valves are you running? What size seats? I can see 6.0 heads getting AROUND that number, but I will pay shipping and the flow fee, along with $100 if those numbers are real. Guys like me that are putting out a pretty good product just get laughed at when we tell our real flow numbers. Then we have a 228/.588 cam spin the dyno at 438/396. Its just crap.

Brandon
Old 04-01-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw these heads in person and damn, they looked nice....
Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Dude I am sorry, but your 241 heads dont flow those numbers. I am just about sick and tired of these bullshit numbers. Coming from a guy that spent over $500 last month in flow number on a TRUE bench I know. HP numbers are really what matter, but I have been working with guys that are profession porters and they just laugh at this stuff. As I am beginning too as well. LME is now and has always inflated everything they do. To the original poster what size valves are you running? What size seats? I can see 6.0 heads getting AROUND that number, but I will pay shipping and the flow fee, along with $100 if those numbers are real. Guys like me that are putting out a pretty good product just get laughed at when we tell our real flow numbers. Then we have a 228/.588 cam spin the dyno at 438/396. Its just crap.

Brandon
Old 04-01-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow, my 6.0's are CNC'd by TEA and hand finished with the same size valves and flow more than 20cfm less on the intake (exhaust is about the same). What's up with that?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Brandon

...HP numbers are really what matter...
Well, that about sums up your post, thanks for the input.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Wow, my 6.0's are CNC'd by TEA and hand finished with the same size valves and flow more than 20cfm less on the intake (exhaust is about the same). What's up with that?
I'm guessing TEA spent a lot less time in the porting room on your heads than Bryan and Pecos spent in their porting room on these heads.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo

Not to mention TEA uses a pipe on the exhaust.

Brandon

Last edited by xfactor_pitbulls; 04-01-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK

Well, that about sums up your post, thanks for the input.
Well your welcome. No doubt the educated man with one liners and smily retorts. I really shouldnt flame people, its not my place. I just get flustered about bogus stuff. You know what if the numbers are indeed real, then I will eat my words. I am just telling you I have seen the 300+cfm heads go 282 on a bench and 330 heads go 311. Until you have actually put tons of hours into this stuff and spent all the money on flow bench time you just will not understand. Bo, I think you know where I am coming from.

Brandon
Old 04-01-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
I'm guessing TEA spent a lot less time in the porting room on your heads than Bryan and Pecos spent in their porting room on these heads.
Yeah TEA has been known as slackers........what planet are you from? Last I checked they are the most scientifically advanced company out there as far as head flow. Save an aftermarket company like Brodix and AFR.

Brandon
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Well your welcome. No doubt the educated man with one liners and smily retorts. I really shouldnt flame people, its not my place. I just get flustered about bogus stuff. You know what if the numbers are indeed real, then I will eat my words. I am just telling you I have seen the 300+cfm heads go 282 on a bench and 330 heads go 311. Until you have actually put tons of hours into this stuff and spent all the money on flow bench time you just will not understand. Bo, I think you know where I am coming from.

Brandon
No doubt anybody who has been in this business for any real amount of time has seen plenty of scams come and go. It's so easy to inflate flow numbers it's not even funny. It's the same with dyno numbers.

However, for you to dismiss any heads that flow any real amount of air only prove that you've never had the chance to be around some highly skilled head porters. People like Bryan and Pecos, Greg Good, Brian Self, and Casey Snyder. You and Tony Mamo would get along nicely.

There are sets of LS6/6.0L heads that flow well above 340, but it takes years of training and practice to get an LSX head to get there. You would be wise to learn as much as you can at times like these, instead of instantly pissing on somebodies parade.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Brandon
Listen,

If you feel you have to degrade people and obviously my educational background, on a forum for technical assitance take it to one of the other forums. I put this out there for people to see how much work LME puts into their motors and heads. Your welcome to **** all over this post, but realize that Bryan and Pecos put a lot of time onto these heads. I wanted heads that would put me down the track extremely fast, and they delivered. If I had the time, I would take you up on your offer and have $100 in my pocket. But it's time to get ready for the track, not the flow bench. Lets met up at a track sometime and test the flow of our heads side by side.

For a little more reading:
Old 04-01-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

LME is now and has always inflated everything they do.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK
Listen,

If you feel you have to degrade people and obviously my educational background, on a forum for technical assitance take it to one of the other forums. I put this out there for people to see how much work LME puts into their motors and heads. Your welcome to **** all over this post, but realize that Bryan and Pecos put a lot of time onto these heads. I wanted heads that would put me down the track extremely fast, and they delivered. If I had the time, I would take you up on your offer and have $100 in my pocket. But it's time to get ready for the track, not the flow bench. Lets met up at a track sometime and test the flow of our heads side by side.

For a little more reading:
You know what I really do apologize for how I approached what I said, and if indeed they are what you are told, then I am glad for you. But you or anyone else here cany deny all the internet warfair and inflation of dyno and flow numbers. Its really gotten pretty out of hand. So good for you and best of luck.

Brandon
Old 04-01-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

I understand what xfactor is sayin about the whole flow crap. I too feel that most heads out there most people have do not independently flow what they think they do and I also know that this is a technical forum and thats all that needs to be addressed here. I know of a few heads that have went 330+ on the intake side but by God you couldnt get em for less than 2500 bucks if that. There are a few people that are gifted and talented enough to go into a port and HOURS later come out movin a ton of air and I would be completely stupid if I thought otherwise. There is also alot more to a good flowin port than the porter, the machine work can make or break a good port too. I posted up the ones I had flowed for reference of what I feel the average 6.0 317 head independently flows and what size they usually are. These heads I had flowed were 232cc in size and if these are 250cc then just by simple(but not accurate) math a port of that size would go 326 just based off of cfm per cc- I took the average 3.900 # and 4.125 # on my figure. If the work was precise like they talk it is then maybe it does go the number. Either way by who has had thier hands on these heads they are far from junk

Last edited by Bo White; 04-01-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Launching!

'There are sets of LS6/6.0L heads that flow well above 340, but it takes years of training and practice to get an LSX head to get there. You would be wise to learn as much as you can at times like these, instead of instantly pissing on somebodies parade."

I have two sets that flow almost 350 at .600. Compared to ones today that Cartek & Vette Doctors are putting out today those fall short. Close to 370 cfm at .600 and over 400 cfm on a C5R.

Neither those shops currently recommends the AFR's. They have not been able to get the advertised rwhp horsepower claims out of them. lol
Old 04-01-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

You know what I really do apologize for how I approached what I said, and if indeed they are what you are told, then I am glad for you. But you or anyone else here cany deny all the internet warfair and inflation of dyno and flow numbers. Its really gotten pretty out of hand. So good for you and best of luck.

Brandon
Brandon. Thank you.

I do understand where you are coming from with the inflated numbers. Unfortunately I think I have a set of those heads on my wifes car(Name of head porter to remain unmentioned). But I will go back to LME in a heart beat when we go bigger on the wife's car. Bryan said these heads would produce at the track. I haven't seen a motor from LME not produce yet.

Ben
Old 04-01-2005, 08:36 PM
8 Second Club

Brandon
Brandon... Aren't you the one who had the bad *** set of heads that you did, flowed at MTI that flowed like 260cfm.. How about you just go ahead and shut up now.. LME does no tricks on the porting or numbers. I watched Pecos flow a set of 6.0 heads two days ago. There is no tricks and no number inflating...

I'll tell you this much there isnt a car in the country at my weight that is as fast as me because of these guys. Brian and Pecos are some of the best LSx motor builders in Texas and it will always be that way as long as they are around!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BUYAMERICAN
'There are sets of LS6/6.0L heads that flow well above 340, but it takes years of training and practice to get an LSX head to get there. You would be wise to learn as much as you can at times like these, instead of instantly pissing on somebodies parade."

I have two sets that flow almost 350 at .600. Compared to ones today that Cartek & Vette Doctors are putting out today those fall short. Close to 370 cfm at .600 and over 400 cfm on a C5R.

Neither those shops currently recommends the AFR's. They have not been able to get the advertised rwhp horsepower claims out of them. lol
I would love some pictures of these heads flowing 350+. They must be doing something that no one else can figure out. Honestly anyone have pics? Man, you are getting into C5R range. That is just about unreal.......not to say it couldnt be done, its just a one in a 1000 thing.

Brandon

Brandon
Old 04-01-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good flow #'s hopefully the whole combination together will work out and your goals will be met. LME seems to be a very good shop, but I've never seen any of their work so I can't comment.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I would love some pictures of these heads flowing 350+. They must be doing something that no one else can figure out. Honestly anyone have pics? Man, you are getting into C5R range. That is just about unreal.......not to say it couldnt be done, its just a one in a 1000 thing.

Brandon

Brandon
People that own 350+ CFM LSX Cylinder heads generally try to keep them a secret. Or they're the fastest people out there.

Quick Reply: LME 6.0L Flow numbers!!