Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what cam/heads with stock manifolds loking for as much power I can get

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cam/heads with stock manifolds loking for as much power I can get

alright I'm looking at heads cam packages and need something that will work with the stock exhaust manifolds because its a California car. I know the TR224 is the biggest I can pass with, but is this to big for hte stock manifolds and heads ? Should I get stock heads ported or get some LS6 or AFR, what would be best, I know I can't expect the world with the crappy manifolds, but would like to get 400-420 rwhp. I know there is a shop out here that can get that kind of power, but he wants 6 grand, much more than I'm willing especially since I can do the work myself for much cheaper-any suggestions?
Old 04-02-2005, 05:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock manifolds are going to hurt your numbers as you increase flow. I'd look at making a nice mid range torque engine setup instead of peak hp numbers.

The AFR heads will be the most expensive, they are what I'm installing now because I wanted the torque numbers for my heavy GTO, but you can get custom heads or port work for less $$$.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant u get ger smog legal shorties out in cali from 1 5/8 JBA, BBK, or Edelbrock? at least better than stock
Dunno but Mac 1 3/4 mids w/ hiflow cats might pass too

Last edited by Wicked_Hugger99; 04-02-2005 at 06:22 AM.