Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FFHP is no longer a TEA dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting. Sounds like a mix-up happened. We have never had a complaint about FFHP as long as they have been a sponsor, and I'm sure they will get this resolved. I'm also glad to see that TEA still has good customer service, by taking the time to inspect a customer's heads via mail order.

Thanks for keeping things mature everyone!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had an excellent working relationship with Brad and Scott for sometime. Many of their customers have called us just to let us know what great service they have had with FFHP and just to say they were stand up guys. In all this time we have only heard of one unhappy customer and this issue was promptly handled. We feel certain that this issue is nothing more than a misunderstanding.

When looking at product evaluations, it is always good to remember where the evaluations are coming from. For example, GM would not send their newest performance parts to Ford for a fair evaluation.

In closing we would like to thank all of you for the second consecutive quarter of record sales.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
We have had an excellent working relationship with Brad and Scott for sometime. Many of their customers have called us just to let us know what great service they have had with FFHP and just to say they were stand up guys. In all this time we have only heard of one unhappy customer and this issue was promptly handled. We feel certain that this issue is nothing more than a misunderstanding.

When looking at product evaluations, it is always good to remember where the evaluations are coming from. For example, GM would not send their newest performance parts to Ford for a fair evaluation.

In closing we would like to thank all of you for the second consecutive quarter of record sales.

I have a set of your Stage 3 LS6 style heads on my car and have been happy with them so far. My car still needs tuning but still makes great power.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Group Hug !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looks like JMBlownWS6 is going to get taken care here. Might have been an honest mistake. Either way, props for Brad @ FFHP for standing up to the fire and handling this the right way. Hopefully they can weather this out!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot

This coming from the company that bought heads from us and copied our work.

Thats like Micheal Jackson giving a glowing review a child daycare. I think you would do best handling another of your many recalls and leave this thread to a real cylinder head company.

As far as misunderstanding. When I PM someone and ask about a set of heads that are suppossed to be TEA heads and they say they are an old set from us.. they had ample time to tell the difference and make sure the customer was getting what they paid for.

Now as for a product evaluation that I did not give it but I will go ahead and include it now.

The heads do not look anything like the quality of product we send out.

The heads came with a nice colored flow sheet with some not so bad numbers. Too bad when we flowed them on our bench (that suppossedly reads high) the numbers did not add up. But who cares it is a pretty sheet of paper. The numbers below are from this particular set of Stage ?? 6.0l truck heads. With a 2.055 intake valve.

what they flowed according to the sheet given with the heads by FFHP.

Lift______________INT__________EX

.100_______________72.12__________53.13

.200______________144.34__________111.90

.300______________208.49__________160.75

.400______________255.76__________195.42

.500______________288.55__________217.49

.550______________299.48__________217.49

.600______________311.29__________230.10

What they flow according to our bench.

Flowed on a 3.9 bore (what the customer is using) Clay radius,exhaust flowed with a pipe.

Lift______________INT__________EX

.100_______________74_____________48.5

.200______________152.6__________107

.300______________208.8__________156

.400______________256.2__________189.8

.500______________284____________214.6

.550______________291.4__________222

.600______________289.5__________227

While their customer service might be great. The point of this thread was not that they were bad people or that they could or could not port heads. This thread is here simply to let customers know they will not be selling our product any longer.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn this just gets better and better
Old 04-05-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

YEOW, can-ya-feel-that-huh! LE-HU-SE-HER, I just love drama I think PP has thier place in the market just like me and some other companies. It may have been an honest mistake but a BIG one. I think FFHP will weather fine through the storm if they keep thier nose clean from here out.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Launching!

OUCH !!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

FFHP will weather the storm fine because they are a good company that does awsome work and they care about the customer.. everyone makes mistakes, its how its handled that really matters if you ask me.. let he without sin cast the fist stone..

Brent, i know we have met and i would never talk badly about TEA because im friends with Brian and many of they guys that worked with him in BG.. but, TEA is known for great heads and they basicly sale themselves.. so i dont see any reason to for the comments towards Patriot.. you dont gain from it...
Old 04-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Guys,
I'm staying neutral on this whole thing, but had some info for everyone to consider.

"Sometimes shopping for the best price is not the way to get the best parts/labor/results."
Old 04-05-2005, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

I think i told someone this was going to get good when I first seen it I have a set of PP heads that im about to send off to BO to get hand finished. I have heard good and bad things. I will form my opinion as soon as I get them flowed. I only expect close to what their site says.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

You get what you pay for....errr....sometimes...
Old 04-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is another reason why MailOrder/Internet company's are a black hole. You dont really know what your getting when It comes down to "Machine, or Custom work"

I say this only because TOO many people are getting led around. Support your local speed shop/machinist.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PHTCBRA
This is another reason why MailOrder/Internet company's are a black hole. You dont really know what your getting when It comes down to "Machine, or Custom work"

I say this only because TOO many people are getting led around. Support your local speed shop/machinist.
Oh soooo true!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PHTCBRA

your right, i've never heard of anyone getting fucked over by there local machine/speed shop .
Old 04-05-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
so i dont see any reason to for the comments towards Patriot.. you dont gain from it...
I'd be pissed too if somebody stole my development work. I have TEA heads, that I bought directly from them. I'm very happy with the heads, and the service I got from TEA. Props to them for getting to the bottom of this.

Bruce
Old 04-05-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
so i dont see any reason to for the comments towards Patriot.. you dont gain from it...
they have every right to considering that Patriot digitized TEA's exhaust port for use on their own heads. Too bad it still doesn't work nearly as well as the original.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rookie
Guys,
I'm staying neutral on this whole thing, but had some info for everyone to consider.

"Sometimes shopping for the best price is not the way to get the best parts/labor/results."
Exactly. When the opportunity presents itself, I try to eliminate the middle man out of the equation. This is why I buy directly from the best shops like TEA, LG Motorsports, etc.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hardtop
I'd be pissed too if somebody stole my development work. I have TEA heads, that I bought directly from them. I'm very happy with the heads, and the service I got from TEA. Props to them for getting to the bottom of this.

Bruce
my point was that this thread was about a misunderstanding between a sponsor and a customer that was more than likely prematurely posted on here when another sponsor found the problem.. i think it could have been handled with a bit more diplomacy... patriot was on the thread to give some insight on the type of company FFHP is... i just didnt think that part of brents post was Necessary or valid to this topic and did nothing to resolve the situation.