Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone up for LACR Wed. night???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Anyone up for LACR Wed. night???

Just thought I might take a ride up that way tomorrow night.

I'm sure the D/A will be typical high desert (5000 ish) and the track prep mediocre at best, but I haven't been to LACR with the finished AFR 205 package....also, as I certainly won't be setting any records in that air, I thought I would just cruise up on the Nitto 555 RII's and see what kind of 60' I could get with the "touchy" Exedy dual, but I will be more focused on MPH which is a better indicator of power to the ground. Just looking to have some fun and have a decent baseline to compare against future modifications

Anyway...PM me if your up for it. Pretty sure I'm going to head up that way.

Tony M.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:36 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what time you gonna be there and how long you plan to stay? i might make the drive up.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by jrp
what time you gonna be there and how long you plan to stay? i might make the drive up.
Probably leave Santa Clarita around 7:00....that should give me a solid two hours to get a few passes in by the time I get there and tech in.

Wednesdays are usually pretty quiet....I should easily be able to make 4-6 runs without a problem.

Cmon out if you have an evening to spare....hopefully there wont be any sandstorms tomorrow night either....LOL
Old 04-05-2005, 04:19 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

that late? im free, is the track open earlier, no way im leaving @ ~5 pm, the track on the 15 will be
Old 04-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by jrp
that late? im free, is the track open earlier, no way im leaving @ ~5 pm, the track on the 15 will be
Yeah....I hear you on the traffic...gotta love southern CA for that!

Anyway...for the benefit of everyone else, racing starts at 5:30 and it is basically just a test and tune kinda night. Its never usually crowded so if you wanted to get some good seat time in, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Jerami...I might be able to get home, grab a quick bite, and head out around 6:30....That puts me at LACR a little after 7:00

Tony
Old 04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

sounds good, i could probably leave around ~3pm and dick around up there for a while. maybe you could give me a ride in your car so i know what a fast car feels like since mines the king of jack stand racing
Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by jrp
sounds good, i could probably leave around ~3pm and dick around up there for a while. maybe you could give me a ride in your car so i know what a fast car feels like since mines the king of jack stand racing
I painted my jackstands so my car would look faster....

Ride would be no problem if you follow my back down closer to sea level....otherwise it will feel sloooooowww....

I wish you were bringing a car you know goes "X" fast....LACR is the "humbler" of southern CA...nothing like a first hand experience. Bring one of your jack stands...LOL
Old 04-05-2005, 05:14 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
I painted my jackstands so my car would look faster....

Ride would be no problem if you follow my back down closer to sea level....otherwise it will feel sloooooowww....

I wish you were bringing a car you know goes "X" fast....LACR is the "humbler" of southern CA...nothing like a first hand experience. Bring one of your jack stands...LOL
well i know the mr2 is slow so i assume the DA would make it even slower

its a shame we dont have any of those "texas" tracks; you know, the ones with a negative DA, down hill slope, and professional track prep