Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on F13 cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
First off, you hijacked someone else's thread. Second off, these people are going out of their way to help you and answer your question. I think his post was informative and helpful. Your last post just makes you sound like a dick. All im saying is dont **** where you eat.
How did I hijack this thread? Hello, wouldn't gas mileage fall under any of the catagories he listed? I asked for a specific thing in somebody's feedback, that's all. And I was never a dick, I just stated that I didn't need a new view at looking at cams, I just wanted to know how the F13 affected people's gas mileage. And Turo and Jimm both gave great responses, and 2000Z28M6 gave a basic response that I already knew and preempted. I wasn't being a jerk to him, AND I said thanks.

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
If you're that concerned about gas mileage that you have to come across like an *** about it, then you're in the wrong place... these boards are for performance-minded people, not those looking to save a buck or two on gas. Besides, gas mileage is subjective between drivers, conditions, and complete setups... a cam will only tell part of the story. All things being equal, a search will tell you that most people with this size of cam will lose at least a couple of mpg over stock.

If gas mileage is going to keep you awake at night, I hear Honda is having great success with their hybrids, as is VW with their TDIs.
Some of us(actually a lot of us) here don't trailer our cars to shows or to the strip. Some of us use our LS1s as our daily driver. If you are ignorant enough to believe that everybody on this board thinks about nothing but how to make their LS1 a drag car and do not care about how their care performs and acts in a daily-driver situation, that is your own problem and not mine. I asked a specific question that has to do with feedback that the original poster asked about. Your Honda comment further compliments your ignorance, however. Good job on that one.

I'm not trying to stir up **** around here, I just asked a specific question and I got specific answers. I didn't say anything out of line, I just stated that I do not believe performance always hinders driveability and that I didn't need a new view on camshafts, I needed personal testimonials from those people that run an F13(or in Jimm's case, an F11). If you took offense...oh well. I've explained my side. Back to F13 talk. Hopefully this will end this whole little miscommunication between 2 of you who had nothing to do with it in the first place.

Thanks to those who answered my question, BTW.