Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great information, Gman. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2005, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Just a couple of thoughts on this subject. I've studied this subject a little and it seems that various lift profiles affect the spring harmonics in different ways. When you consider all of the various permutations of cam profile, rocker ratio and geometry, and different springs, I'm sure that Comp, Crane, Crower, Jesel,etc don't have enough time and manpower combined to check all of these combinations out. In other words, there is no one omnipotent valve train "guru" that has this all scienced out! That is the essence of "hot-rodding": trying different combinations than others to come up with that "trick" that put's you ahead of the field. These rockers, springs, pushrods and lobe profiles are all "tools" that we can use to try to find the best setup. It's really up to us, the enthusiasts, to see what works and communicate it to each other. Assuming that using everything that worked for someone else except for a spring or a rocker of the same ratio but made by a different manufacturer (with a different geometry philosophy) is a sure way to frustration if you don't keep an open mind!

Second thought: How do these power improvements that people have been seeing with the Crane rockers stand up against all the comments by many on this forum that 1.8 rockers don't increase horsepower. I've stated this before on this forum and I'll say it again: "When facts don't follow theory (or opinion), believe the facts and change the theory!"

Lots of good comments on this thread!!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Trooper
Did you have any valve cover problems
Old 04-17-2005, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frank J Wadley
Trooper
Did you have any valve cover problems
No, none at all though. The Crane rockers fit under my 2000 model year valve covers just fine.

Quick Reply: CRANE Rules!