Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 is going out.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first things first. Knock COULD be carbon buildup. Use Seafoam or GM topend cleaner to see if it helps.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98z28chevy
My 98z28 engine has problems. I wish it made a knocking noise instead. But i have a pretty decent size hole in the side of the block right behind the air pump for smog system. Anyone know how much it would cost to overhaul a 98 LS1 i could get one pretty cheap but it has 140k way more then what my 98z has i have like 92k on the motor. It happened when i started it. it was running ruff like the coil were'nt firing right turned off the car started it again same thing running ruff go to look under the hood all i seen before i opened the hood was a long trail of oil coming from under the car. Thing is i think the car will still run if i tried to start it. Pretty weird. So i would rather have a knock then a hole in the side of the block.
dude how did u get a whole in the side of ur block?????
Old 04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derek98z
first things first. Knock COULD be carbon buildup. Use Seafoam or GM topend cleaner to see if it helps.
Agreed. Seafoam is amazing stuff. And carbon build up can cause knock.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zamboxl
dude how did u get a whole in the side of ur block?????
Not really sure the car was miss firing when i started in it in the morning rev it up a little to about 4k hoping it would clear up. but it still had ruff idle. so i go to look under the hood but the stream of oil going down my drive way wasnt a good sign. so i figure maybe gasket went turned out to be a decent size hole on the side of the block not sure how it happen i havent taken the engine out yet hopefully when i do ill take pics of it. i never beat on my car either surprized me that this happened. So i found a 02 WS6 motor with 25k has the ls6 block long block i'm looking to get. also never used nos on the motor hardly took it drag racing only twice since i owned it. and last time i went was over a year ago. Also engine has 93k.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98z28chevy
Not really sure the car was miss firing when i started in it in the morning rev it up a little to about 4k hoping it would clear up. but it still had ruff idle. so i go to look under the hood but the stream of oil going down my drive way wasnt a good sign. so i figure maybe gasket went turned out to be a decent size hole on the side of the block not sure how it happen i havent taken the engine out yet hopefully when i do ill take pics of it. i never beat on my car either surprized me that this happened. So i found a 02 WS6 motor with 25k has the ls6 block long block i'm looking to get. also never used nos on the motor hardly took it drag racing only twice since i owned it. and last time i went was over a year ago. Also engine has 93k.
damn that blows well good luck with the new engine.